Help! **disaster Strikes ** I Am Gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Did a lady tonight - her wedding is saturday.

She had lovely long nails all bar about 3 badly broken ones ...i would have just done silk wraps if it hadnt been for that.

So ...i cut all her nice long nails off and started applying my nice white tips that everyone asks for followed by applied acrylic.....shock horror....2 nails to go she HATES them..says they are TOO white..and 'look' false. I couldnt believe it, they looked perfect. I panicked! offered to soak them off but she said no she would paint them....gutted. Even her fiance said why didnt you say so sooner! How can i avoid this happening EVER again!!
icon_eek.gif
help thanks Ambx

HI Hun
what about doing some display tips so that people can see what they will look like prior to having them!
you could do one with natural tip and pink bed
one with white tip and pink bed etc
hth

Sounds a good idea...NEVER ever want to be in that position again!

I've had this happen - even when I have spent ages in consultation saying they are very bright and in your face, put a natural tip and French tip against their own nails so they can see the difference, and still they say at the end hmmm a bit bright.

Now I can normally tell who suits what and would like what, but that just comes down to experience. People (particularly over about 25) who have never had extensions before are usually happier with naturals. Younger girls prefer them the brighter, squarer and more unnatural looking the better. But I try not to judge by this completely, you just pick up a vibe almost straight away, and by looking at their hands (size, shape, skin tone,etc) you just get to know what looks best for them.

If you have fully advised them and said in your opinion naturals would be better and they go for French and THEN when you have finished they say they don't like them you can oh so smugly say ............. I told you so!!

MINKUS said:
Hi all

Did a lady tonight - her wedding is saturday.

She had lovely long nails all bar about 3 badly broken ones ...i would have just done silk wraps if it hadnt been for that.

So ...i cut all her nice long nails off and started applying my nice white tips that everyone asks for followed by applied acrylic.....shock horror....2 nails to go she HATES them..says they are TOO white..and 'look' false. I couldnt believe it, they looked perfect. I panicked! offered to soak them off but she said no she would paint them....gutted. Even her fiance said why didnt you say so sooner! How can i avoid this happening EVER again!!
icon_eek.gif
help thanks Ambx
On hindsight, Hmmmm I would have just replaced the 3 broken ones with 3 natural tips and Fabric# Silk.......then wrapped the other 7 with Silk, make them all look the same then......varnish them.......
This is the sort of thing that is covered in a client consultation..........
"The look"...........what sort of look does she want on the day ?????

You could have finished one of the nails you did for her, then varnished it with a nice french cover enamel, this would have watered down the white stark look...........she might have liked it afterall............ lol stranger things have happend xxxx

Having some samples of your work at your desk is a fab idea, they can then choose as you go through the "Look consultation"...........

Don't be to hard on yourself, it has happend to all of us at one time or other......just put it down as a learning curve and experience .....

I've had it before babe, finished what I consider to be a kick ass set only to be told they don't 'look real do they'! It's horses for courses and we can't please everyone all the time even though it's in our nature to try and do so. J xx

Photos, carry a small album of before and after photos and ask which nails they would like.

I've had this happen before, but on one lady who insisted she wanted white tips and had tiny, tiny nails so I knew they wouldn't look right. I put one on and it looked awful, thank god she agreed. I wrapped it up to soak off while I put the rest of tips on.

Thanks all...my confidence has taken a real kicking though now!!!

Got clients booked over the weekend and next week and will make sure i have some samples ready!!!!!!!

However MEGA dilemma, I have an asian lady booked tomorrow - would bright white tips suit?

(I do have other tips!)

Is that a dumb question?

Hi

I am asian of origin and I have white tips....looks really lovely against dark skin.

MINKUS said:
Thanks all...my confidence has taken a real kicking though now!!!

Got clients booked over the weekend and next week and will make sure i have some samples ready!!!!!!!

However MEGA dilemma, I have an asian lady booked tomorrow - would bright white tips suit?

(I do have other tips!)

Is that a dumb question?
Hi babe,
If she has brill nails and they are not short and stubby then the white tips will be just fine..........
They have to be in proportion to her nailplate and not covering most of it......lol
But to be on the safe side, hold the tip in place on her finger and and then judge on fit and suitability then if all is well proceed, sound like star trek now lol...............
HTH

Hey Guys

Did my lady today....she was so pleased they looked absolutely fabulous even if i do say so myself!

Thanks again for all the tips and re-assurance!!

Well done Minkus xxx

Latest posts

Back