Help dont know what to do ? thin damaged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabulous

Reaction score
I have had a client come to me who has had acrylics for a yr the tech used electric tools her nails are so thin like paper and keep snapping would it be silly to re apply now im new to this so not sure how to tackle this one help appreciated x

The proper use of electric tools will not damage nails. It could be that your client's nails were weak to begin with and that is why she wanted acrylics to begin with. Unless there is obvious evidence of infection or cuts etc it will be fine to replace the nails, in fact it will be better for her to have those weak and thin nails protected and looking good! :)

The proper use of electric tools will not damage nails. It could be that your client's nails were weak to begin with and that is why she wanted acrylics to begin with. Unless there is obvious evidence of infection or cuts etc it will be fine to replace the nails, in fact it will be better for her to have those weak and thin nails protected and looking good! :)

Thank you i get the impression they didn't she said it burnt ?? annd she seems to think they were never that bad ?

the first time i have acrylics they burnt me, i think the filed my nail plate too much.

Personally, if they have nails as described yes acrylics are a good option so they have nice nails but only for a special occasion if she is only having them just for sake of them looking nice cos they are thin and weak well she might aswell just have regular manicures and plenty of solar oil for about a month..opting for nail extensions arn't going to help them strngthen if anything when i have my nails done/do them myself if i get them strong etc and put acrylics on after had em taken off my nails are in a right state.

Hi,
Just a quick reminder that not all replies will be correct! if in doubt speak to your trainer:) I personally would apply a full set and agree with sheila. Good luck :)

the first time i have acrylics they burnt me, i think the filed my nail plate too much.

Personally, if they have nails as described yes acrylics are a good option so they have nice nails but only for a special occasion if she is only having them just for sake of them looking nice cos they are thin and weak well she might aswell just have regular manicures and plenty of solar oil for about a month..opting for nail extensions arn't going to help them strngthen if anything when i have my nails done/do them myself if i get them strong etc and put acrylics on after had em taken off my nails are in a right state.

Well they certainly shouldn't be. No reason they shoulod be either unless you have overfiled them.

Now I'm no idiot and I have been doing my nails for 25 years. When I soak off my nails the worst thing I can say about them is that they are more porous due to the fact that they are minus the oils and moisture that it takes 3-4 days to build up again. When my hair is bleached, it is the same .. more porous and more dry. You have to rectify the oil andmoisture balance with solar Oil and a little care and attention .. but 'in a right state'??? Never.

I removed my enhancments 2 weeks ago and applied a thin layer of Brisa Gel for protection .. they are my own nails with a thin overlay .. they are strong and lovely and I have hurled some abuse at them in the last 2 weeks ... constantly in water with entertaining, cooking, cleaning etc. I never wear gloves ever. My nails are not in 'a right state' after 25 years of wearing enhancments so if yours are then you need to look at what you are doing to them.

If you want proof then come to see me in Bournemouth on Monday the 16th. They will just be my own nails with a thin NN overlay ... proof that what I say is correct.

Latest posts

Back