Help! Gellux problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine from capital. Use easy off base and high shone topcoat x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks. I only bought the base/top. Is the individual ones better?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Ive found them to be. Mainly the basecoat but i do prefer using a seperate top coat and save my 2in1 for rockstars x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone. Have been doing the heat with removal but just a little undecided about the product. Does anyone use any other Gel Polish ie OPI? I know it's more expensive to buy but the colour range seems better? Also, what would you advise if a client wants glitter on top of the colour or glitter tips with the Gellux?

Gellux do a range of 6 glitters which are really lovely. they can be used over other gellux colours to make a wider range of coloured glitters. I love them :)

Where do you get the glitter from i cant see it in Salons direct or capital? Most of my clients want glitter over colour

I use Gellux all of the time and have most of the colours and have had no problems at all with rippling. But I do know there was one of the dark red colours they were having a problem with.
You've mentioned a primer but do you use Gellux fast bond? If not, that could be the problem.
I used to struggle with removal alot when I wasn't filing off enough of the top coat. Give it a real good file down. I have also found cotton wool balls seem to work better than pads - unravel the cotton wool ball, split in half and its the perfect size and consistency to sit on the nail. With the pads, I think the gellux remover just sits on the pads rather than soaking into the nails. I always use heated mits.
For the person who mentioned Opi, I tried a dark red of theirs the other week - tried it on 3 different people - and it just shrinks back very very quickly. Won't sit on the nail at all. Had to return for my money back.

Where do you get the glitter from i cant see it in Salons direct or capital? Most of my clients want glitter over colour

I got mine from capital hon. If you go in just ask and I'm sure someone will help :) x

Hi,
I've been using Gellux for a couple of months now and although I initially had a few issues with it, I now LOVE it and as a rule, have no problems with it at all.

I use the easy off base which when you get used to the 'different' consistency and know how thick/ thin to apply it, it really is amazing.

I've never had any problems with rippling so maybe it is an issue with a 'rogue' bottle!

With regards to the glitter- the red was my absolute best seller over Christmas on top of a the plain red colour- it looked absolutely gorgeous and I kid you not, every client that came in and saw my nails, asked for the sparkly red!...

Oh and finally- back to the easy off base (!) I buff the shine off, then use pads soaked in remover then wrapped in foil and left under heat (hot water bottle) and then the whole colour plate literally just slides off with the foil wrap so thes absolutely no need to use an orange stick to scrape anyway, and therefore minimal damage to your clients nails.

Hth?

Hi,
I've been using Gellux for a couple of months now and although I initially had a few issues with it, I now LOVE it and as a rule, have no problems with it at all.

I use the easy off base which when you get used to the 'different' consistency and know how thick/ thin to apply it, it really is amazing.

I've never had any problems with rippling so maybe it is an issue with a 'rogue' bottle!

With regards to the glitter- the red was my absolute best seller over Christmas on top of a the plain red colour- it looked absolutely gorgeous and I kid you not, every client that came in and saw my nails, asked for the sparkly red!...

Oh and finally- back to the easy off base (!) I buff the shine off, then use pads soaked in remover then wrapped in foil and left under heat (hot water bottle) and then the whole colour plate literally just slides off with the foil wrap so thes absolutely no need to use an orange stick to scrape anyway, and therefore minimal damage to your clients nails.

Hth?

What is your step by step application? X

Hi guys, I've also had a problem with wild mink gellux and I wondered if this question ever got resolved?
I used wild mink gellux yesterday on my own hands and it rippled when I put it in the UV lamp? The coat might have been slightly thicker than I would normally do (I'm not as careful or skilful on my own nails!!) but not ridiculously thick.
I wasn't sure what to do so I tried top coating and the ripples disappeared?! Very strange!
It's the first time I'd used this colour. Do you think it's the polish or me?! I might try in on a friend first before I offer this to a client, which is a shame cos it's a lovely colour!

Thanks geeks :hug:

What is your step by step application? X

Hiya,

I do cuticle work, then file/ shape nails, and buff off the shine, then give the nails a clean (either just rubbing off with a flannel if no cuticle remover used but if I've had to use cuticle remover than I get the client to wash their hands to ensure its all off properly), then I use Fast Bond and wait a little while for it to dry properly, then the Easy-Off base- Cure, Colour-Cure, Colour-Cure, top coat then wipe... Simples!!

With the sparkly red, I did 2 coats of colour then the glitter (so essentially, 3 colour coats before the top coat)

Did that help? ;)

Thanks for that just wanted to check I was doing it right. The only thing I am not doing is i use a differant dehydrater but if I go to buy the full brand I will buy fast bond. I also use the 2 in 1 at the moment and might invest in the individual base/top. Thanks for that

Gellux have now discontinued two colours they were having problems with, so those of you who have had rippling problems with just one colour I would send it back to the wholesaler to get it tested.

Do you know which colour they had problems with as I have had it with vintage suede, I phoned gellux they said to just shake the bottle before applying ! I have been using since it was first launched but for dome reason have been having problems with colours shrinking back and then not staying on do well!!!

Our salon has been having some major problems with gellux, rippling, brush going hard, we follow the same process every single time we do a treatment yet only one time here and there we found things would happen, with constant trips back to our wholesaler, replacements and products being sent back we have given up and changed to IBD and cannot fault it one bit ( weve only been using it a week too its that good :) ) the brush is slightly smaller too and the product is sooooo much easier to work with xx

Do you know which colour they had problems with as I have had it with vintage suede, I phoned gellux they said to just shake the bottle before applying ! I have been using since it was first launched but for dome reason have been having problems with colours shrinking back and then not staying on do well!!!

Weve been having these problems for a few weeks, followed everything gellux and our wholesaler told us to do an have still been having problems with it, as ive just said in my previous post we have given up and moved to IBD gel polish and love it :) the problems we had were with the pearlised colours, im not sure about everyone else, but thats wat colours we had problems with shrinking xx

I use Gellux gels and find that each pot is different. I have bought 2 pots of Wild Mink, 1 is fine when I apply it and the other ripples even when both applied in the same way, very odd.

Has anyone tried the graphite grey?? I found its not grey at all its a green colour! :-(

Latest posts

Back