HELP!!! Hair Extension Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for being a long one-but I should explain.

I agreed a while ago to being a model for a friend of mine that is entering a hair design competition. It has suddenly crept up on me and I completly forgot to remove my hair extensions. (which need to be removed for the competition).
I dont want to go back to my lady as to be honest the removal was just uncomfortable really and also because money is tighht at the moment.
So......I looked on a few posts and came to the conclusion that leaving my hair covered on conditioner overnight and then removing the next day with help from a little acetone would be the best option. But now I have read that acetone is really bad and could make you bald.
I now dont have time to get them removed by a professional.
Please can somebody help me and advise how it is best to remove them.

Please can anyone help
x

[/QUOTE]its generally what the salons use and charge you £75 for removal... if u lived closer I woulda come removed them for £**[/QUOTE]

Why have you paid money to train only to try and cheapen the service? :eek:

A salon would charge you £75 because....
1, They should be removed professionally,
2, It can take a couple of hours especiallly when it's someone elses work and if you are charging £15 and paying tax - you're earning about £2.50 an hour???
3, you'll be getting a wash and blow dry with that too - in salon cost about £25?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please can anyone help
x

I also would advise you go to a fully trained and insured salon or extensionist

or even a College to get them out, as this would be cheaper for you

don't want to scare you but ..... if you look through some older posts you will see that you could possibly end up in a worse situation complete with bald patches if you aren't a professional and don't know what you are doing ,
also there are different based removers for different based bonds
good luck , let us know how you get on :hug: x minky

She'll be fine we've pm'd and she seams to be ok... I am a fully qualified extensionist and insured. I've basically talked her threw the process I feel I would do if I was in her situation... If she lived closer I'd go there myself and do it... I hate to think someones doing it themselves! Anything to help!! Unlike some who think my niceness is mistaken for something else...:eek: lol

Salon Pro - Super bond removal lotion....

can be brought from most hair shops... Cake your hair in it but befor eyou do this crack each extension individually if you can.. this will speed up the process... once you have you lotion on rub each bond repeatidly. Leave it on for few hours for a full head... they should slide out nicely!

The bottle costs about 2.99

its generally what the salons use and charge you £75 for removal...if u lived closer I woulda come removed them for £**

Hi, I understand you trying to help Measeymoo
but...... Miss Pink has gained professional DIY product information on an open forum which others may also try and mess up their hair with all the wrong products :(

But I do understand where Tammy is coming from too

Plus miss pink is a professional herself
Miss Pink ...... would others be happy for you yourself to reccomend a DIY removal job on someones nails on here ?

most professional extensionists know that recommending a DIY removal of hair extensions or nail extensions can cause great harm

I too think it harms the Hair exstension industry ...... and to be fair to others there are loads of people on here who have spent shed loads of money on training and insurance and are working very hard as hair extensionists to try and make a living, and goodness knows that's hard enough at the moment :|

so ..... however well meaning your answer was ....
it is still a bit like a slap in the face to other professional hair extensionists

and as in salon geeks rules .......
we as professionals are not supposed to recommend any sort of DIY jobs or products on a professional forum ,
hth x :) minky

Hiya, just wondered if you were able to get your removal problem sorted? as I was going to suggest a little acetone carefully used or bond remover and break the seals very carefully with a small pair of pliers, have done this with my own before and as long as its done carefully, its abso,utely fine and does no harm or damage whatsoever.
Measeymoo has given you great advice there, so as long as you follow it carefully you'll be absolutely fine and do no damage or harm whatsoever. :hug:

Hiya, just wondered if you were able to get your removal problem sorted? as I was going to suggest a little acetone carefully used or bond remover and break the seals very carefully with a small pair of pliers, have done this with my own before and as long as its done carefully, its abso,utely fine and does no harm or damage whatsoever.
Measeymoo has given you great advice there, so as long as you follow it carefully you'll be absolutely fine and do no damage or harm whatsoever. :hug:

You do realise this is DIY job
and is against salon geek rules to give out unprofessional advice ?

Latest posts

Back