Help - Home learn Anatomy Assignment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinks027

Reaction score
Please somebody help me before I open a bottle of wine!!!:irked:

Im currently doing a home uk open learning course and am finding it ok but this assignment is just flying in the air!!:cry:

Q.Explain why an understanding of anatomy will help you become a better Nail Technician?

It has to be done in essay form, nail anatomy I get but the whole body!!!
Any advice or links etc will be appreciated.

I chose a home learning course because it suited my needs, I will be getting some practical training aswell which I have set up myself.

Many Thanks :green:

I'm sure they mean NAIL anatomy!

Why not ring the support line if there is one and clarify what they want.

I agree with Gigi I am sure it's nail anatomy they mean, but I would ring for clarification hun..x

I would ring them AND open a bottle of wine :lol: Linds x

:lol::lol:​

No they definately mean anatomy, the next session is on the nail anatomy, this section looks at the structure of the body and the different muscles etc. OMG please hellppppp LOL!!!!!

Well it is common sense that the more one knows about general anatomy the better you understand how the body functions. Nails are a part of that body. Ones general health is reflected in the condition of the nails. diet, circulation, mental health, physical health. Etc Etc. You don't have to write a book on it do you?

Anyway .. no more help .... this is why I hate these courses ... they teach you nothing you have to teach yourself or the Geek site is inundated with questions like yours that come to the pros for help. TBH we haven't the time or much inclination. A proper course would give you this information and not send you blind to find out the answers.

Get some good reference material to help you. Marian Newman's book is a good one.

Well thanks for your help, I have just sent off for the complete nail technician, I know everyone prefers a proper college course but I am a mum living in the country who dusnt drive and am just trying to make a career best way I can.....you cant blame me for trying!!

I can understand Tinks, best of luck with your course. We do all start in different ways :hug:

Thanks DollBird...now wheres that wine LOL

Good luck hun, I did a home study course too and its hard at times but it is a step on the ladder (even if it is right at the bottom!!)

Don't give up, you can do this! :)

I would also suggest ringing them to find out what the essay word count maximum is, this way you won't end up doing too much work as you can imagine antomy and physiology is a massive subject, also it will allow you to plan your essay in advance, for example 150 words for health and nutrition and so forth. If they want it in essay format I would stick to the introduction, main body of essay and conclusion format too and always include a bibliography and references section. These techniques help to maximise your grades. If you need help on any of what I have mentioned I could send you emailed examples. hth.

As part of my level 2 training I covered a small part of anatomy and it is really small, you don't have to write thousands and thousands of words, it is really basic,like the structure of the nails, like gigi said the marian newman book is useful. good luck :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back