HELP.....i need an energy boost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
does anyone know of a good energy boosting tablet or something......i feel so tired lately, i have to get my bloods done next week to see if there is a problem

i just feel exhausted all the time.......please dont tell me to eat fruit and veg because i am very limited to what types i actually eat:o i know i should eat more of them but i just cant stomach the taste :irked:

stanleyann

ginseng with added ginko biloba.....red kooga(i think) does this in one tablet containing both....ginseng for your energy levels and the ginko biloba for increased memory and brain funstion it helps blood flow get to all the tiny vessels in the body...
it takes a good 2 weeks for you to notice a difference but i swear by it.
dont go down the route of having red bull or pro plus...this doesnt do anygood in the long run.

stanleyann said:
does anyone know of a good energy boosting tablet or something......i feel so tired lately, i have to get my bloods done next week to see if there is a problem

i just feel exhausted all the time.......please dont tell me to eat fruit and veg because i am very limited to what types i actually eat:o i know i should eat more of them but i just cant stomach the taste :irked:

stanleyann
An excellent one I take is Purdeys,Its a multi vitamin drink.Asda do them but there are lots of energy boosting,vitamin supplements.If youre quite limited on what fruits and veg you like why not make yourself some smoothies?These are delicious and quick n easy to make.I have a daughter who is very faddy with fruit and veg so I regularly make her a smoothie.She loves them and I'm happy in the knowledge that she's getting her daily requirement of fruits and veg.:hug: HTH

*JOANNE* said:
dont go down the route of having red bull this doesnt do anygood in the long run.
hmmm that's where i've been going wrong, except i have voddy in mine lol :o

seriously though, apart from going to see your doctor which you're doing you could try a juicing machine, get your 5 a day via fruit juice, there have been a couple of threads about them in the past if you need info and/or ideas.
x

ValencianNails said:
hmmm that's where i've been going wrong, except i have voddy in mine lol :o

seriously though, apart from going to see your doctor which you're doing you could try a juicing machine, get your 5 a day via fruit juice, there have been a couple of threads about them in the past if you need info and/or ideas.
x

Lol - same here! Get to sleep well at night (vodka) and I'm usually awake by about 5:30 the next morning (red bull!).

what about those new drinks in the chilled counter with the milk. They are mixed fruit and veg shots...1 little bottle contains 1 of your 5 a day...and they taste yummy.

Do you like dried fruit....i buy "Humzingers" for my kids...they are dried fruit sticks...all pure natural ingredients....cherry, strawberry, apple and pear flavour...again 1 is 1 of your 5 a day. they sell them in all supermarkets...same isle as the raisins.

I would be trying to find out WHY you're so tired. Recently, my daughter and I both found out that we are B12 deficient (so is my husband but we knew that already) and it's apparently very common and causes fatigue and tiredeness...ask your doc for a blood check and tell him/her you're really tired - good luck!:)

thanks everyone, i am going for a blood test next week to see if there is anything wrong there......i've not felt this tired since i was pregnant :eek:

i also need to watch what i take because i am on treatment for high blood pressure, i had severe pre-eclampsia when i was pregnant and my blood pressure never went back to normal :irked:

stanleyann

stanleyann said:

stanleyann

If you are having bloods done next week then I wouldnt take anything at the moment just incase they affect the blood results...wait until you have had them done AND had the results before changing anything you are doing just incase they ahve to repeat the tests as they did with mine:eek: I hope they manage to get to the bottom of it for you, might be something quite simple that is causing it. Keep us posted

If you suffer from pain in your back, in certain areas, in can affect your health, there are certain vertebrae in your back which affect the areas of your body and have effects. E.g. I think I had a stiff neck, now I am going to the chirporactor and she showed me a chart stating how the back can affect the health of your body. I think the neck is related to tiredness, clumsiness etc whilst certain parts of the middle back relates to your tummy for example.

I was also tired a lot of the time but seem to have some zest back now.

Just thought I'd share my new education in case you do suffer from a bit of back ache/pain, it can affect other body parts. :mad:

Chiropractic care does hurt a little but no pain no gain as they say!

WATER WATER WATER

Thats what i say keeps ya body flushed
keeps me awake anyway

Hiya

I drink Complan drinks which are full of all the nutrients needed and take Vitamin B6 tablet which is good for the nervous system when run down. I drink the Complan with vanilla ice cream and mix it in a smoothie maker and it's really nice. They are build up drinks basically, given to people who are run down or not getting enough energy from food.

Also there is a Tonic you can get which is absolutely brilliant when you are not feeling yourself. I think its called Minadex or similar... I give it to my daughter but adults can have it too... there are a few tonics available.

Cutting out Chocolate/Caffeine and all the other things we love is also great...

Good Luck, it's awful being tired all the time xx

stanleyann said:

stanleyann
If your having your bloods tested, make sure you have your thyroid function tested. After i had my baby, i was exhausted all the time, my mum noticed my neck was a little swollen, so i went to the dos and had this test. it was positive. Now i take throxine daily and feel great.

Latest posts

Back