Help I'm allergic to nail glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valburt36@hotma

Reaction score
I have been a nail tech for 2 years now, and even though I can do great nails, I cannot wear them myself as I am allergic to the tip glue. I have tried free form sculpting and I have no reaction to that.........unfortunately I can only do a good job on my left hand. When I try to apply L&P or gel with my left hand it just won't do what I want it to do...........I'm sure my left hand has a mind of its own. Does the Nail Geek or any other members know of a nail glue which is non allergenic.

Please help.

The other option would be something which was mentioned only the other day and that is to adhere the tips using liquid and powder - you would need to hold the tip for alot longer than with nail adhesive though.

Maybe someone like Gigi or Marian could give you more detailed information on this.

Are you allergic to Glue or Resin ?????????????
You mention Glue so I am wondering have you tried Resin.?????..different chemicals........glue is protein based............Just a thought xxx

Despite what people think, nail adhesives DO vary in quality from high to low like everything else.

Creative SolarSeale or GelBond is Pharmaceutical grade EC adhesive and therefore the most refined type of nail adhesive grade. Still, refined or not, EC adhesives contain many of the same ingredients, but you may want to try one of the Creative adhesives on one finger to 'test' it.

An alternative as suggested is to apply your tips with a small bead of iquid/powder. This is a perfectly good way to apply tips to yourself, but you need to hold the tip in place for longer (40 secs to a minute per nail) .

Thank you all so much for your replies. I will definitely try your suggestions. All the best girls, your stars.

Val

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back