Help! I'm having spray tan hand issues!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm really struggling with spray tanning hands perfectly and also arms.
I've taught my husband to spray tan me but last night he did my hands really bad, there are white patches and Too dark all over really.
what can I do to help these look a bit better?

I could also do with some direction of how to spray tan hands and arms better myself.

Currently I do use a barrier cream on palm of the hand. I get them to spread their fingers and slightly do a claw to get in between the knuckles.
I do straight down, to the side to the front to the back still don't know how I'm getting it wrong?

On hands I get the client to make a slight claw like shape like you said you do then I just do a quick cris-cross on the hand. Iv never had a problem doing it this way. :)

With SunFX tanning solutions we recommend spraying the hands only as an extension of the arms, never to spray the hands separately and using the claw style position you mention also.

If you spray down the arm and pull your gun further away as you reach the hands this will give a lighter more natural appearance in the hands which typically take tan more strongly.;)

I use barrier cream on palms but I also use a very small and I mean very small amount all over the hand to even out the skin and never have patchyness by doing it this way. I used to only do palms and would go patchy on occasions, I can't always rely on clients exfoliating properly so by doing this is helps a lot.

I also do the claw positioning but I do a quick circular swirl motion and find this covers well but still allowing it to look natural and match up with the rest of the tan.

Hope this helps x

I had problems when I started spray tanning and making sure it was an even coverage and not too dark. I found that by adjusting the gun so that less product came out really helped me as that way you can go over it again if you need/want to but can control the colour and coverage a bit better.

Your hands should really only catch the over spray as others say I claw the hand but flick out at a distance when I get to the wrist do it's mostly over spray catching

Thank U all x

Latest posts

Back