Help me please..renting a room..?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traineekezia

Reaction score
I really really want to rent a room in a hairdressers to do beauty but haven't got a clue where to look.

I'm a bit scared as i don't wanna spend all my money on the stuff and then sit there waiting for clients to bring me money in to pay off the money i paid for my stuff..
If that makes sense.

Ok Im going to be brutally honest here and tell you that it is a LOT of hard work getting those initial clients in and keeping them. You have to do so much promotion not just getting out there and interacting with the clients in the hair salon but you also need to do paid for advertising, not just a one of credit card size ad in the local paper but quite a few big promotions so that people know you are there. I would set aside a couple of hundred minimum just for advertising.

Basically you need to add up all your expenses. Products, equipment, stationery etc etc then you need to include your rent whatever that may be and then decide if you can afford to set up on your own.

Personally I wouldn't want to be setting up now unless I already had an existing client base, enough financial support to pay bills and the determination to go and get the clients.

They will not just wonder in you have to get them and its a lot harder than people sometimes think.

I would have a look at your finances first and decide how much you have to spend and what you need to be earning minimum to survive financially.

Have you thought about working for someone else before going it alone ?

Hi
renting a room in a hair salon is probably the cheapest and easiest ways to set up your own business. Just make sure the hair salon is busy and spend lots of time introducing yourself to the clients. Maybe offer a free file and paint while they're getting their hair done?
Best of luck!

I really really want to rent a room in a hairdressers to do beauty but haven't got a clue where to look.

I'm a bit scared as i don't wanna spend all my money on the stuff and then sit there waiting for clients to bring me money in to pay off the money i paid for my stuff..
If that makes sense.

Please see this as a helpful answer ....

You will have to sit there and wait for clients to help pay off what youve laid out...thats how it works....

You will have to market yourself in such a way that you slowly build up clients....

Thats exactly how I started..in a hairdressers sitting and sitting and sitting....making up leaflets, cards, books & showing people the room...

You are taking the easiest route by renting a room in a hairdressers, your clients are already there...xx

I know it's scary but nobody is going to do it for you!
big deep breath
there are never any guarantees that it will work for you but unless you try it, you wont know.

You need to take the plunge. I merely telephoned on a Sunday via BT free phone calls and left a message for 6 hairdressers. 4 replied.

I paid £15 a day and yes you may start off waiting for clients but hey get in there and chat to those having their hair cut.

If that makes sense.

well I think that renting a room in hairdressers is probably the best way to start out, I have been renting a room for ages now and as soon as I left college I jumped straight in at the deep end and done absoloutly fine!
As for worrying about buying equipment etc there are always places to help you out starting your buisness & give grants & loans to help you as best they can. You really will benefit from it but it does take time.
Good Luck
:hug:
xx

Latest posts

Back