Help me to understand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
I'm confused , :eek:
Why is it that party nails/ weekend nails sound like almost as much work as a normal full set ? In theory the idea of being able to offer clients a more temporary set of nails for a event or something makes good scene and sounds clever but is it really? , dose it work out? I mean if you prep, tip, do a thin overlay then finish,or do it using popits but I thought they wear meant as a more permanent enhancement also? Is'nt that as much work ;time; effort; products ect as doing a standard set of enhancements?
Just for less money? And what about removal? Is that included in the price? Or do they come back and pay for it after the weekend/ event ? Or do they pull them off and then say it ruined there nails,?
Am I missing something? Like I said I DO like the idea of offering a very temporary service but I'm not sure this sounds like the best way ,or maybe theres a gap in the market?

Weekend nails are a very good idea, many customers require nail enhancements for a night out/one off occasion and the thought of paying for a Full Set can be daunting along with the maintenance/removal of the nails!

Weekend Nails cater for such clients as they are more temporary than others with less commitment. I prep lightly, apply white tips, then brush on some Glaze and Go and cure! Simple, takes 25 mins and i charge £15.00. They have gone down a storm in my salon, especially with teenage girls and those who just fancy a pick me up for the weekend, I'd recommend offering them!

x

ps, I charge 7.00 for removal, but I always explain that if they remove them at home - proper home care advice on how to do so without damaging the nails - and NEVER to pull them off!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply :)
I get the idea of them, like I said its a good idea and I could see quite a lot of people would be interested,
But in that 15 pounds your accounting for files, disinfectants , tissue, pads,prep solution,sanitizing , dehydrating, adhesive, tips, the gel top coat you use, and I guess oil to finish? And the time taken to do them , I know 25 mins is'nt long ,but is there a profit? And do they come back for the removal every time ?
I don't know I guess I just need convincing really , :)

thats a good idea well worth trying

After Christmas I had quite a few walk in clients who wanted removals because they had gotten nail enhancements at a different salon for xmass holidays and didn't want to keep them long term , when I asked them why they hadn't gone back to the place they had them done for removal they all said they didn't feel they could because they knew they would be talked into having fills instead of removal ,
So an ideal thing for them would have been something more temporary at xmass time instead of the full sets of hard gel they wear coming to me with ,
So I do see the idea behind making some enhancements less permanent for some clients,
What I dont see is from the tech side of the table is the work profitable, and as clients dont always understand what we mean can it be qute bad for rep some times ?

Last edited:
i never quite got it either ceri !

i think the trouble lies in working out what to do to make sure they do stay on for 2/3 days without the work of a full set as well as factoring in easy removal.
clearly theres still quite a lot to do to even keep them on for a short time.

i also wonder if youd end up getting clients for these when normally they would pay for a full set, maybe you could offer removal at a reduced price to these clients.

i'm interested to hear what other people reply as this is also outside my experience.

Weekend nails are a very good idea, many customers require nail enhancements for a night out/one off occasion and the thought of paying for a Full Set can be daunting along with the maintenance/removal of the nails!

Weekend Nails cater for such clients as they are more temporary than others with less commitment. I prep lightly, apply white tips, then brush on some Glaze and Go and cure! Simple, takes 25 mins and i charge £15.00. They have gone down a storm in my salon, especially with teenage girls and those who just fancy a pick me up for the weekend, I'd recommend offering them!
x[Hi, Can you let me know what you would charge if someone wanted pink tips for example? or Glittered Tips for the weekend and how you would apply this? Would you use a coloured soak off gel on the tip? - I am knew to this idea but really interested

x[Hi, Can you let me know what you would charge if someone wanted pink tips for example? or Glittered Tips for the weekend and how you would apply this? Would you use a coloured soak off gel on the tip? - I am knew to this idea but really interested

I would've thought that it would come under any extras, ie if they want glitter or colour tips it would be x amount extra.

sorry only just read the question - i agree coloured or glitter tips would be extra, i only do the weekend nails in a natural or white tip, as its fairly straighforward, but i would charge extra for more 'fantastic' looking ones!!!!!

x

Hi there

Do they really last the weekend with a coat of glaze and go? x

I use resin and activator (miss out the fibreglass/china silk). It's quick and means soak off for removal which is easier.
White tips means no blending so thats quicker too. Spend less time on prep as I know they are not on to stay so I just do a dry prep.

I use resin and activator (miss out the fibreglass/china silk). It's quick and means soak off for removal which is easier.
White tips means no blending so thats quicker too. Spend less time on prep as I know they are not on to stay so I just do a dry prep.

how many coats?

White tips means no blending so thats quicker too. Spend less time on prep as I know they are not on to stay so I just do a dry prep.[/QUOTE
So do you:

1. Prep Nail
2. Stick on white tips
3. Put on a coat of Resin (how many?)
4. Spray the activator?

Thanks, I am just really intrigued by this and would like to offer this service.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Could some one please show us a picture of these weekend nails??? I am interested. Where I live, salons use those prescription glue on nails and call them weekend nails.........:irked:

Yes, they seem to stay on well with Glaze and Go, i've only been doing them for a month or so and most of my clients have come back and said they last nearly a week! One had hers on for 2 weeks! I use NSI elation tips which i think are quite thick and strong, and the Glaze and Go seems to keep them in place! Happy Days!

Yes, they seem to stay on well with Glaze and Go, i've only been doing them for a month or so and most of my clients have come back and said they last nearly a week! One had hers on for 2 weeks! I use NSI elation tips which i think are quite thick and strong, and the Glaze and Go seems to keep them in place! Happy Days!

Thanks hun will give them a go I think, I already use elation tips and glaze and go :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back