Help, my boss is anti Solar Oil!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
We stock it but when a client comes in they are advised to buy la calcium which is a nail hardener from the chemist or almond oil.. Or any oil you have at home!!

Its so annoying..
Can anyone remind me of the fantastic benefits that will help change my boss and collegues minds xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

How can someone in business advise a client to buy something elsewhere? Madness! You should ask he next time why she doesn't advise them to have their nails done at another salon it's the same thing!

loads of threads on solar oil but asside from the benefits surely it is just good business sense to retail a product you have in stock rather than send a customer elsewhere to buy some alternative???

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/185489-wonders-solar-oil.html
Solar oil

A blend of 4 ingredients:
Jojoba oil, deeply penetrates (even through nail enhancements) right through the natural nail plate - pulls the other ingredients with it.
Sweet almond oil, a truly fantastic conditioning oil
Rice bran oil, brilliant moisturising qualitys
Vitamin E, seeks out and fights free radicals (which break down skin/nail cells)

Basically (in a nut shell) it's one of the most powerful anti aging oils you can get your hands on. Not just for natural nails, but also skin.

Water absorbs quickly, but dehydrates when it evaporates just as quickly. Solar oil will form a barrier in the surface, allowing the body to moisturise from the inside out, without evaporation occuring.

Nail enhancments, Solar oil will fill all the micro channels, stopping water from getting in then evaporating out (which causes brittleness) In effect it will keep your enhancements supple and strong, they will last longer and look better...

Would you like to grab a bottle while your here??

I know its very annoying i think she thinks its pricey.
But when she says any oil even cooking oil it makes me cringe :(

I still retail it to my clients but it makes me sound silly if someone else on the desk behind me is telling their client to use a £2 nail hardener that used to be used to make horses hooves harder... Honestly !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

lol geeg.. i just don't think shes very business minded.
A colleague told me today that when she prices up jewelery, facial products etc she only adds VAT and a little extra for petrol, so she makes no profit as she is just "filling a space on the wall"
I was like WHAAAAAAAT?!?!

lol geeg.. i just don't think shes very business minded.
A colleague told me today that when she prices up jewelery, facial products etc she only adds VAT and a little extra for petrol, so she makes no profit as she is just "filling a space on the wall"
I was like WHAAAAAAAT?!?!
Typically sounds like a woman with a bit of cash who fancies the idea of having a salon but with no business sense whatsoever ... I have come across many. Once they finish decorating the salon , they loose all interest.

This is a hobby business for her. Anyone who actually needed to earn a proper living would be looking at revenue per square foot of retail space.

Typically sounds like a woman with a bit of cash who fancies the idea of having a salon. Once they finish decorating the salon , they loose all interest.

I have so often thought the same but dared not utter those words! Thank you for releasing me!!! :) haha

I have so often thought the same but dared not utter those words! Thank you for releasing me!!! :) haha

Lol its a shame.. hopefully she will 'get it' soon!

OMG I have had so many women 'of a certain age' who are bored and fancy a 'salon'. They have no clue about anything, but they fancy spending the Old Man's money and making a 'pretty salon' to run because they are bored. They are utterly clueless about business or how to treat employees and usually fail within the first 2 years.

The other scenario is the ones who come to us and tell us they are going to franchise 50 salons within the next year and what huge discount can they get??
It kills me. :)

Glad you are released. :D People who are recruited to work at these places ... beware. The biggest problem is that these people never listen to the ones who they go to for advice!! They think it is an easy ride. It's not.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back