Help - Nail Art - Indian Wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Gadget

Geeky Princess
Reaction score
Hi

I have an indian client who is getting married in July and she wants red/gold nailart. I dont particularly like freehand nail art and take the easy option of 3d flowers/gems which I embed, have suggested flicks and gems to her but she doesnt want that, so I'm stuck basically.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions as to what I could do or possibly buy can you let me know.

I know its a bit early but I want to get a few ideas before I see her on her next appointment.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Ju xxx

i was just flicking through my nails mag and saw an advertisement for OPI's new colour collection called funnily enough.. India.
lovely colours.. but more to the point the advertisements look great.. colours and designs are to die for.. maybe to a google search and see what indian inspired designs are out there and have a go at doing stencils? just a thought.

i think they usually put henna on there hands and fingers when the get married so maybe u will ask her how is she gonna do it and try to make something can match the henna...!! or try this web site where u will find a lot of those Indian henna designs u can copy that to the nails!! xx

I can remember seeing an article ages ago in scratch , Marco Benito did some wedding nails (I think it was for his wife) and she was wearing golds/rust colours, he used the skeleton leaves to create the smile line in a deep rust colour, they looked really good and went with the theme but without being to OTT xx

I remember the Scratch magazine article, I'll dig it out and have a look.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

Ju xxx

what about applying small sections of gold leaf ontop of a rich red polish and then apply some 'dots' with a metallic gold paint!

I would ask her to bring in an item of the clothing that she is going to be wearing and try to match the nail art to something on the clothing hth

I did this for my nail art exam of an Indian Wedding,you could change the colours to the ones you want.HTHs xx
View attachment 5673

I have done 2 Indian weddings and have to say they love their bling
Forget subtle they like glitter, gold, gems, and trying to explain that with all the gold jewelry, heavily embroidered saris and bold makeup, perhaps the nails could do with being a little less.................. just earned me some blank looks
Find out what colours she's wearing on all three days, ask if she wants to come back for a colour change in the same design for the different days, think bling and go wild:lol:

Latest posts

Back