Help needed - "Dirty" looking whites using L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi All
I need your help, I have been doing some L&P practise on my practise hnd and my last 2 practises have resulted in the white looking dirty, its the only way I can describe it. On a full hand only 2 of the nails have done this, I have tried to show the worst affected nails on photobucket, see link below. Apologies they arent the clearest my camera is not that good. The thumb nail isnt my best work either! :green:

Salon Geek nails pictures by Gail_316 - Photobucket

I think it may be that I am not applying enough white and then I buff I am basically buffing the actual natural tip and not any product :eek: The other thing is that my brush sometimes has a slight bit of yellow when I wipe it, I always keep it super clean and the yellow seems to come from the metal bit on the brush, not sure if this could be affecting it? (I have read on here before it can cause problems)
Any advice greatfully received!
Thanks
Gail
x :hug:

how do you store your brush ? maybe the old monomer is getting into the ferrule , best way to store it is lieing flat i think,

Hi All
I need your help, I have been doing some L&P practise on my practise hnd and my last 2 practises have resulted in the white looking dirty, its the only way I can describe it. On a full hand only 2 of the nails have done this, I have tried to show the worst affected nails on photobucket, see link below. Apologies they arent the clearest my camera is not that good. The thumb nail isnt my best work either! :green:

Salon Geek nails pictures by Gail_316 - Photobucket

I think it may be that I am not applying enough white and then I buff I am basically buffing the actual natural tip and not any product :eek: The other thing is that my brush sometimes has a slight bit of yellow when I wipe it, I always keep it super clean and the yellow seems to come from the metal bit on the brush, not sure if this could be affecting it? (I have read on here before it can cause problems)
Any advice greatfully received!
Thanks
Gail
x :hug:

Hi Gail,

You have sussed out your own answer.

You need to learn to work the bead of white so that the product is even and opaque. I do this by pressing the bead evenly from side to side as per 'nailclass' instructions.

I very seldom actually brush over the white zone one ... only press with a flat brush, which is what keeps the product smooth and even .. if you press with a rounded brush you will create dips in the bead which cause this patchiness.

It sounds as if your brush is contaminated. It will not go away. If your white beads are not going yellow at this point you can continue to use it, but you will have to replace it eventually.

Hi All
The other thing is that my brush sometimes has a slight bit of yellow when I wipe it, I always keep it super clean and the yellow seems to come from the metal bit on the brush,

When buying a new brush it wouldnt hurt to buy two and keep one as a spare. Always store your brush bristles down or lay it flat in a brush case. CND have/had a fantastic silver coloured brush case, if you can still get them I recommend getting one.

Thanks for your replies all, means a lot
x
:hug:

also, be sure you are not using your product too wet. too much liquid will result in a greyish patchy look when you are doing your whites. inconsistency in the mix ratio from one nail to the next will make this more noticeable too.
in this wheather you may be using more monomer to combat the faster setting time in the heat so just bear that in mind .:)

Latest posts

Back