Help needed, this is my advert, why am I getting no interest?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

this is the advert I am running on Gumtree but I am not getting any responses.

Could you let me know what I need to change please.

The advert title is: Do you want beautiful nails, Qualified Nail technican needs models. oh and the pictures I used were of my own work

Many thanks:Love:

Hi I'm a qualified nail technician looking for models to help improve my timings.(I have posted a few photos of my work.....................I just need to get the timing down !)

I use only qaulity products, Ezflow & Nfu oh. None of these products contain MMA and I do not use a drill.

I will be doing full sets of L&P or Gel enhancements using either tips or sculpting. I would also like models for popits.

I am more than happy to work with people who have problem nails and nail biters I just need the models to be patient and to be able to commit to having a full set of extensions and a rebalance two weeks later. I will also need the models to keep a diary of their extensions !

The normal price for a set of enhancements would be £25 and a rebalance would be £18.00. However if you agree to be a model then the price would be £25.00 for a full set and a rebalance. A massive saving of £18.00 !

I am based in wolverhampton and I am available in the evenings and weekends. However I am willing to travel for the right committed people.

Please note that I also offer manicures and pedicures and also the Celebrity Minx, later in the new year I will be needing Models for waxing.

If you are interested please contact me on
Kind regards

Last edited:
OK this is my opinion and I know lots of others may disagree.

I would drop the word models. If you want to attract customers I would use the same price as an introductory offer. Do not mention that you need to practice as most people would expect it free, they will feel they are doing you a big favour and may feel that you are not cofident enough!:rolleyes:

I am not big on offers of any sort but I can see what you are trying to achieve so if you take out all the stuff about getting your speed up etc and just put that you are a qualified tech who is offering a special intro. This way they come, have their nails done, get their free infill and then, hopefully they will be hooked.

There is no downside to this apart from your speed, maybe, but most people don't mind too much if they are getting something free and if you tell them when they book in to allow xxx amount of time then they should be fine. If they express surprise at that point you can tell them that you are recently qualified and you prefer to do a great job than rush and the nails not look as perfect and remind them that is why you are offering the infill free!

Don't forget to ask everyone who comes if they have any friends who might like the same offer. :biggrin:

ok how about this ?

Do you want beautiful nails.............special introductionary offer

Hi I'm a qualified nail technician based in the Wolverhampton area.

I use only qaulity products, Ezflow & Nfu oh. None of these products contain MMA and I do not use a drill.

I do manicures and pedicures, gel enhancements, natrual nail overlays, acrylic enhancements, popits and MINX.

The normal price for a set of enhancements would be £25 and a rebalance would be £18.00. However for a limited time, I am running a special introductionary offer of £25.00 for a full set and a rebalance. A massive saving of £18.00 !

I am available evenings and weekends either at my home salon or mobile (please note that there will be an additional charge of £5.00 outside a 10 mile radius)

If you are interested please contact me on [.

Kind regards

Sue

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with either of them..but to be honest i could get 9 people view an add on gumtree in 1 day and have 3 ads on but don't get 1 email! Put the same ad on every day cos it easily goes down the list.

Whenever i advertise models i get people jumping at the chance of cheaper treatments maybe instead of charging £25 charge a bit less for each service..although saying that no1 will be my spray tan model(it's only to take photo's)

Good luck, if i was near i'd come for them! lolxx

I agree to drop the word model too. You are qualified, your nails are good so you don't want people thinking any different. How long is it currently taking you to do a set?

I agree to drop the word model too. You are qualified, your nails are good so you don't want people thinking any different. How long is it currently taking you to do a set?

About 2 1/2 hours. I have my friend in tomorrow (serial nail biter grrrrr) so i'm going to keep it simple, natrual tip and a one colour overlay (l&p) and see how long that takes.

I have also organised a one to one with my old nail trainer on Tuesday so that i can go over some issues.

Hi, Unless you want to get spammed, you need to remove your email address from here and Gumtree ASAP;)

Hi, Unless you want to get spammed, you need to remove your email address from here and Gumtree ASAP;)

have done thanks:Love:

There is quite a bit of jargon in your advert. L&P, popits, rebalance,mma, nfo, eeziflow etc. As you know, I'm not a nail geek, but am a bit more informed than the average punter, and I dont really know what a lot of those terms mean. Could you simplify your ad, drop the industry jargon, and make it plain English using descriptions that non industry people can understand?
I would also drop the demand for commitment, it's a bit scary.

i have edited the origional and put on the second post instead, is this better ???? would welcome your comments x

Hiya, I agree with what others have said.....i don't think it's necessary to put which brands you use, just that you are using top quality products. A couple of typos in there hun, should be introductory, quality and natural.

The edited version is better. Good luck!

Lou xxx

Hiya, I agree with what others have said.....i don't think it's necessary to put which brands you use, just that you are using top quality products. A couple of typos in there hun, should be introductory, quality and natural.

The edited version is better. Good luck!

Lou xxx
Lol I am bloody dyslexic ok thanks louise will go and change

xx

naddda !!! viewed 28 times and nothing..................not even spam !

Did tip and one colour overlay on a nail biter today, 1 1/2 hours

gumtree is only really busy if its the london one.. i maybe get 1 or 2 responses from other site but london is the main one.
there is a huge difference between the response rate with the london gumtree and the other ones thats why they charge alot more to post.
not sure where you posted it but i thought id let you know

naddda !!! viewed 28 times and nothing..................not even spam !

Did tip and one colour overlay on a nail biter today, 1 1/2 hours

Please don't worry too much about your timings, they will come down with experience and practice. The nail salon in my street ( my biggest competition) has been open 10 years or more and have a full book - they are turning new clients away every day. All the girls there take between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs to do a full set (so do I). People go there because the nails are good, not because they're quick!

Please don't worry too much about your timings, they will come down with experience and practice. The nail salon in my street ( my biggest competition) has been open 10 years or more and have a full book - they are turning new clients away every day. All the girls there take between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs to do a full set (so do I). People go there because the nails are good, not because they're quick!

thank you xx Much appreciatedxx

Whilst that's encouraging, I've known people almost recoil in horror and certainly think again when timings like this are mentioned. A lot really do think it should be an hour or so tops! :grr:

Something I so often feel like asking when people talk about 'A full set' or a rebalance is 'A full set or rebalance of what, exactly?' It would help so much to know if it's a straightforward tip and one colour overlay or pink a whites, sculpts etc. There is such a big difference in timings for a lot of us depending on what is actually done!! I do feel that people should be pre advised regarding the likely length of the treatment, as it can only add to the new tech's problems if they end up with a fidgety/impatient model/client. :hug:

I THINK KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET - CLEAR AND CONCISE.
IF THEIR IS TOO MUCH TEXT PEOPLE DON'T READ IT.
I AM NO EXPERT BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR MY ADVERTS.
:biggrin:

I THINK KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET - CLEAR AND CONCISE.
IF THEIR IS TOO MUCH TEXT PEOPLE DON'T READ IT.
I AM NO EXPERT BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR MY ADVERTS.
:biggrin:

thats true ive found my simply but to the point one work best

Well Guys I have an update ! I had a call fromm a young lady asking if I wanted to place an advert for valentines day into a weekly paper. I said I would get back to her on it after speaking to the BF..................................and then she said would you come out to Willenhall I really like the pictures of your nails......................so I have a booking hurrah

All I have to do know is not fluff it with nerves!

Latest posts

Back