Help needed, warm oil manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat123

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me as the academy that I am doing my training with haven't been very helpful and I have my exams next week. (I have read other threads) I have been asked to perform a warm oil manicure treatment with heated mitts and what I have in my notes is very vague and what the NVQ adviser explained to me just doesn't make sense as she is telling me to use oil but then for the mask to use a cream. It would be great if somebody could give me the steps on how to complete this and what would you use to heat up the oil etc. This is what I thought of doing....

File and bevel
Put fingers in warm oil - I am thinking of putting my manicure bowl in a bigger bowl of hot water and then take it out whilst the client has her fingernails soaking for 10 minutes.
(whilst they are soaking get fresh water in the bigger bowl for exfoliating)
Take one hand out and start the cuticle work
Work on the other hand
exfoliate hand
Massage with the oil
Then the adviser told me to do this
put a mask on followed by heated mitts.
Followed by buffing

Is this correct or would you do it definitely.

I'm so worried that I will be marked badly because i've been told incorrectly.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks xx

Hi there,

We used to offer hot oil manicures in a salon I used to work in and it was done similar to the way you do except we wouldn't soak as long (2-5 minutes depending) and we would exfoliate before soaking. The reason we done it like this was to allow the oil to fully penetrate the skin and also ensure it was still warm.

It's basically used for those with extremely dry skin, cuticles and nails. Google it and you will see many videos and procedures available.

Good luck with your exams :)

Hi Suzi, thanks so much for your reply. Did you also use a cream mask? I have googled it but didn't find many videos x

You should watch the CND Almond spa manicure on YouTube. They use warm oil and a mask, great video. SSx

That's fab, thank you so much. Will check it out :)

Latest posts

Back