Help needed with tip and dip.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glam1

Reaction score
Heya guys,
I use the acrylic tip and dip method, however ALL my resin gets blocked after one use! I wipe the brush, clean it with brush cleaner etc and sometimes the brush wont even go bk in the bottle of resin.
Im wasting tons of the stuff and it isnt cheap, I have to use one bottle of resin per client, its getting silly
Any tips?
I'm a bit nervous about starting fibreglass though it might be less messy!

Thanks for any replies xxx

Hi,
When I used tip and dip method I was taught to wipe a small amount of cuticle oil along the resin bottle, where it screws to the lid, to stop the lid sticking to the bottle.

Good Luck! XXX

Whoa!!!

You shouldn't be experiencing any of these problems! Speak to your trainer/product supplier. Your training should have addressed all of this!

I have heard of oil around the bottle but.....oil introduced in the system (and it can be picked up on the brush) is another potential problem. It shouldn't be needed.

Could it be that you're over zealous with a spray activator and it's spraying over your open resin bottle?

As Marian says, none of these problems should be happening. Understanding your system and how it works is the key to avoiding this mess you are in.

Activator cures the resin. Therefore you must not get it anywhere near your resin or brush with resin on it. If either is exposed to the activator it will start to cure.

I imagine you are picking activator up on your brush either by it just being in the air (as someone else suggested) or even by using your brush on top of a previously activated coat of resin. You have to work very 'clean' and avoid exposure to the activator (are you spraying too much??) My guess is yes.

hi ya , i use that technic aswell but i dont have any of that problem at all. i think u must be getting ur products mixed together for that to be happening.:!: wat products do u use??

Latest posts

Back