Help nvq 2 nail technician students

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey Roberts

Reaction score
I hope some of you fellow students or geeks could shed some light for me, my query is the BT12 Unit, basically what systems are you covering or have covered ? eg wraps, gels, L&P .....
The reason I'm asking is because our tutor is getting us to cover all 3 ? ( I thought the gels and L&P, would be lvl3, eg the BT22 )
I've been on the city and guilds website see, and now I'm totally confused, I shall speak to someone at my college to verify this, but need your imput please:confused: :hug:

Hi there the BT12 has been replaced with the BT44 which is any system if you look on HABIA website you can download the national standards.
City & Guilds have not changed this on there website yet but if you contact them they will confirm this hope this helps you

Regards
Lynne :)

Hi,

If you check in your standardsit should state how many systems your required to learn.

:hug:

Hi,
I have deliver NVQ2 in both nails and beauty and I have just had a visit from my E/V this week and we was discussing this.
BT12 as been replaced by BT44 which means that you can be assessed on any system your tutor decides to teach you, for example you tutor could show you all three systems but then just decide for you to be assessed on L&P, but even though you know how to use all three systems you will only be qualified in one as to be qualified in them all this is a level 3 qual.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Hi,
I have deliver NVQ2 in both nails and beauty and I have just had a visit from my E/V this week and we was discussing this.
BT12 as been replaced by BT44 which means that you can be assessed on any system your tutor decides to teach you, for example you tutor could show you all three systems but then just decide for you to be assessed on L&P, but even though you know how to use all three systems you will only be qualified in one as to be qualified in them all this is a level 3 qual.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Thanks emma and others who've replied, I do understand what you're saying, and shall check it out on habia :hug: x

If that is the case, how would you know which method you are qualified in? If she is being trained and assessed on all 3 methods. By training the 3 different techniques it is giving added value to the qualification, which is seen by the LCS's in a good light

If that is the case, how would you know which method you are qualified in? If she is being trained and assessed on all 3 methods. By training the 3 different techniques it is giving added value to the qualification, which is seen by the LCS's in a good light

Hiya stacey, Daves on the same course as me, so this effects him too :)

Hi, as you know I am Dave's manager. I have already spoken to someone at the college who is looking into this. If I hear anything I will let you know.:hug:

Hi, as you know I am Dave's manager. I have already spoken to someone at the college who is looking into this. If I hear anything I will let you know.:hug:

Thats great, Ive also just sent an email to vtct, to query this, as I dont think it will be worthwhile doing summative assesments, if were not going to get recognised for them,,,omg why are'nt things simple?, it shouldn't be down to students to find out info like this :rolleyes: just glad I found out now :lol:
:hug:

Latest posts

Back