Help Pc Dead !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

OMG ... my PC is dead (I'm currently on the laptop). I switched it on tonight - the light came on but nothing else - no signal to screen (though checked the screen and it works ok with the laptop) tried to re-boot it but nothing - put in a cd, no whirring, just doesn't seem to register, it's like it's brain dead ... does anyone have any idea what it might be - I can only hi-jack the laptop for so long.

Thanks (in desparation) Vicky :cry:

VickyB said:
Hi

OMG ... my PC is dead (I'm currently on the laptop). I switched it on tonight - the light came on but nothing else - no signal to screen (though checked the screen and it works ok with the laptop) tried to re-boot it but nothing - put in a cd, no whirring, just doesn't seem to register, it's like it's brain dead ... does anyone have any idea what it might be - I can only hi-jack the laptop for so long.

Thanks (in desparation) Vicky :cry:

is the tower plugged in aswell as the monitor...?

erm.. u could check fuses in plugs...

hiya,

ive got a friend that builds computers and they want to know if it beeps when you switch it on?

it cant be your monitor if it worked on your laptop.

Also what operating system do you have on it?

crap crap crap get a mac :green:
just kidding
but yeah it could be the monitor

Hi Jadeypops

Thanks for your reply ... it doesn't bleep unfortunately, like it's truly died. I've got Windows XP.

I recently installed McAfee and it cleared 3 Trojan Horses that were on my PC so I wouldn't have thought it was a virus that caused it but I just don't know enough to know .... how sad is it when you just can't function without your PC ... I NEED to get a life eh !! :lol:

Vicky

it could be a virus once someone tried to send me one and said don t turn your computer off because it will never restart
hopefully i don t use windows but that s something possible
maybe you should just change your hd for a new one
but you should try to find a pc geek that can take a look at it
i know how it is to find yourself without your computer i ve been there before i was going crazy
even got a skin infection because of the stress lol

:green: Thanks for all your kind replys ..... bit the bullet and bought a laptop today - couldn't deal with the loss. So all ok - superfast PC compared to the last and I is very happy :green: :lol:

congratulations:green:

My PC did that, decided to get a new one as a lot cheaper and less hassle than trying to fix it!

get an apple mac!!! i swear by em!! i hate PCs i really do! i just got a new iMac, no tower nothing just a screen.

as for your problem if you really aren't sure take it to a repair place straight away as trying to fix it yourself can cause more problems. unfortunately i have no idea how to fix a PC but im pretty handy on fixing macs!! xx

Latest posts

Back