Help! Rockstar toes fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyvic

Reaction score
basically have done 2 sets of rockstar nails on myself and daughter - mine are still on no chips etc after nearly 2 weeks still looking great! i removed my daughters the other day and did a new colour for her.... disaster - basically within 24 hours the whole glitter overlay had peeled off in one go

i am sure i didnt do anything different to when i did my toes and the way i did hers the first time.

To make matters worse for me a client has just rang and said the same has happened to hers that i did last tuesday hers started peeling on friday:eek:

I did use a different lamp on the 2 sets that peeled off - could this be why?

any help welcome before i drive myself crazy!

Last edited:
I would say that you have answered your own question and it was the lamp. :green:

thanks hun for replying - im not that experienced with gel, so would the lamp cause the whole overlay to peel off then?

ive just done my daughters nails again with the other lamp and no peeling!

V x

What are your steps, what product do you use and what lamp?

Hi,

This is the procedure I used that worked first time around:-

Cuticle work and filing

Sanatise Nail with NSI Nail Pure

Balance Bond Primer ensuring that it is dry before applying gel

Apply thin layer of Gel (the Edge Gel) - cure for 90 secs

Apply layer of gel and sprinkle glitter on - brush of residue - cure for 90 secs

Apply top layer of Gel, Cure for 90 secs and wipe inhabition layer

Apply solar oil

Lamp - Non Branded 36 watt

The only thing i did different when the ovelay lifted was:
Daylight company 36 watt lamp and NSI balance finish gel.

V x

As far as I'm aware you can use any UV lamp when using NSI's gel. Not sure about The Edge system? Are you OK to mix n match primers and gels??? Could it be that??

If you have better luck with one lamp than the other it could be that one is not giving you enough UV output to do the gitter work.

Latest posts

Back