Help what shall I do ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipsbygm

Reaction score
:eek:OMG i have just had a call from the lady who did my nails years ago in my town she is leaving and wants me to take on her room and a client base she has built up over years!!!
I am plodding along at home but with the credit crunch i have lost a lot of people and not doing that well. She said even if i do one day a week it would help i dont know what to do.It sounds like a good idea but i am really nervous.
HELP what shall i do??????

Talk to her - ask her why she's leaving and where she's going, if she's staying nearby clients may choose to stick with her. Is the room on a rented basis? If it is you need to talk to the landlord about the t&c's.

Ask her to be honest about the numbers of clients, and decide if you can take it on. Do you have committments elsewhere? Would your clients come to the room instead of your house?

Before you can make a decision you need more information.....

:eek:OMG i have just had a call from the lady who did my nails years ago in my town she is leaving and wants me to take on her room and a client base she has built up over years!!!
I am plodding along at home but with the credit crunch i have lost a lot of people and not doing that well. She said even if i do one day a week it would help i dont know what to do.It sounds like a good idea but i am really nervous.
HELP what shall i do??????

What you do is you go and check it out! If you are plodding along and you think it will help your situation. If you know you do good work. If your family will support you in your endeavour. If it is to your benefit financially. What is holding you back?

No one can advise you when they no nothing of your circumstances.

Hi hun i'm new so hi

i would advise u to take it, if you dont someone else will
do the best nails you possibly can, even if you take a bit longer than the last lady did clients love attention to detail, act very confident with them also and be the friendliest nail tech around...

if it doesnt work, it doesnt work!
what do you have to lose??

I dived in like that years ago and it didnt work but i tried again and i'm glad i did
good luck xx

In my opinion you need much more information before you can make a decision. I would go and meet her, ask all the relevant questions that you need answered. Write down your questions beforehand so you have it clear in your mind what you need answered. Then write up your list of pro's and con's and consider all answers. The offer sounds good to me at this point if she is emigrating. If not as stated before - will the now clients follow her if she is going somewhere new. You also need to speak to the Landlord directly and not through her getting all terms and conditions from the horses mouth. Good luck and please let us know how you got on :)

Thanks for your replies, she is moving to another town and only taking 28 out of 90ish people as she wants to do hair dressing and i have spoken to the landlord its 22.50 a day, she said no one else in town can do acrylics and that's what i love.
I am confident in my work just a little worried about my timings for rewhites about 2 hours.
I have a disabled daughter so i cannot work full time that's why i started at home i have a salon in the garden i have been doing this for 18 months. I am pretty much doing friends and family as i haven't really built it up yet i have had people come and go this could be just what i need.
I'm so nervous !

Latest posts

Back