Help with 7303 home work please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was posted by Louise originally in Oct 07

having the Cert Ed to teach doesnt come into effect untill 2010 - you can still teach and be working towards the cert ed as I am doing at the moment

Qeustion though : If like myself the nails services NVQ level 3 wasnt available as a qualification when I originally trained in nails - would you have to still do the Level 3 now even though the courses I have undertaken and the experience I have had are more than equivalent to Level 3 standards

I am considering doing it anyway just cos I love doing courses :) but would be interesting to know - also there must be plenty of level 3 teachers out there who havnt actually got the level 3 nail services because it is a relatively new qualification but their skills and the equivalent courses they would have undertaken mean they are qualified to teach it :confused:

nicola

Somewhere on here is a thread all about having NVQ assessors come to your salon to see if you are up to the standard and then they issue the cert if you are.
It's not about attending a course to teach you to that standard but is for peeps who are already in the industry and who already cover all aspects, getting the cert to show it.
I am hopeless at finding these threads, but I'm sure other geeks will remember it well.

well the 2010 term is only 8 months away.. lol to be honest i didnt see when the thread was started:eek: but you can be teaching and working towards cert ed, in fact its a course condition you have 60 paid teaching hours in the first year and 90 in the 2nd as you prob already know.

Do you have a level 3 in beauty? i did NVQ unit 19 level 3 nails as it was then but the new one has 3d, sculpt , photographic air brushing etc in it.. I have nVQ 3 beauty also.

Like you i have many manufacurers certificates which are prob equivalent to that level but sadly they only count for professional develpment. I rememeber going to enrol for cert ed a few years ago and the head of education said " just checking you do actually have the qualification you are going to teach?" some colleges may let it go.( which would open a big can of worms) but if ya want to teach you need a NVQ 3 .

Like i already said, my college didnt teach it as they had no one, so therfore were not able to offer it with the teaching staff they had.. if colleges are teaching it with an under qualified teacher they would be found out by external verifers and even OFSTED as they ask to check the originals regularly..

i think its great that more of you want to teach becuase to offer NVQ you have to be a pretty skilled tech anyway! ( as i dust off my airbrush lol) and that cant only raise the standards in colleges..
HTH.

Last edited:
Somewhere on here is a thread all about having NVQ assessors come to your salon to see if you are up to the standard and then they issue the cert if you are.
It's not about attending a course to teach you to that standard but is for peeps who are already in the industry and who already cover all aspects, getting the cert to show it.
I am hopeless at finding these threads, but I'm sure other geeks will remember it well.
yeah susie.. ya right.. thats how i did mine.. its easier for those alredy in the industry but boy it costs ,saves alot of time and was worth it for me so well worth lookin into..

cheers for your replys :)

yes it was the unit 19 level 3 nails that I did as well originally and I have nvq level 3 beauty also

cant believe I didnt think about Assessors coming into to assess me for NVQ level 3 nails and theres me just about to submit my portfolio for A1 assessors award :smack:

too much on my mind lately lol

but thanks for the advice x

Hi Louise.. im please to see you want to teach in colleges to raise the standards which is what i'm doing! Can i just ask what made you want to do this particular course and i wonder who put you on this route..?
To teach nails in college you need firstly the NVQ level 3 in nails- you must have that level of qualification before you can teach any subject. The course you are doing is fine but if you want to be a lecurer you must have a foundation degree in the certificate of education ( cert ed)which is done thru a university at college and then the city and guilds A1 assessors award-so youd have to do this as well..so im afraid that when you complete the 7303 you'll have a few more years to go( i was put straight on cert ed) Please pm me and i can break it all down for you as well as help with homework..

what you are doing is fab and we need more skilled nail tech in the colleges- my college which is number 4 in the country- didnt teach nails to level 3 as they had no one skilled enough but i can see some great techs in my class which is making the hard study really worth while!

To be honest with you hun i have stayed in the private sector of teaching and given up on the idea to teach in college,
my tutor for the 7303 course was so not helpful that it put me off taking it any further,
i found the course quite hard to be honest and every time i asked for help or something to be explained he would just smile and say its ok you will get it but never offered any help or explained anything,
one the assignments i could not understand what was required from me so i made a point of making him listen to me and had to practically force him to give me some help,
his help was to invite me to his office, there he threw everyone else's portfolio at me and said read what everyone has done and take bits from each one :eek:
now after everything we were meant to know about teaching and the rules and regs i saw this as breaching the data protection act ?

so as much as i would have loved to raise the standards of education in the colleges this one tutor put me off, especially as i know he would be the one teaching the next courses needed :hug:

awww thats a shame you had a pants tutor.. guess i was lucky!! i had great teacher trainer.. but ya know it is hard,and teaching theories are booorrriiing and it takes a while to click cs it is soooo dull.. and youll do well in the private sector.. theres so many things to contend with in college life..drunk students, abentees, and a classic in my new group one girl can barely read or write ( i know i know why have they let her on) but i have to differentiate and just deal, and i love that part too!

my new group one girl can barely read or write ( i know i know why have they let her on) but i have to differentiate and just deal, and i love that part too!

Well if she can barely read or write you should steer her to get extra support not why have they let her on. My brother could barely read or write yet with the help of a fabulous tutor he got his dipolma in motor mechanics. Tutors who give encouragement and motivate the learners give the most back to the student ...... the learner gets a sense of achievement.

I expect this student feels the need to better herself hence why she is on your course.

i would be very specptiacle if some came to the salon made an assesment and then gave you a cert, there is a lot to the assesment which ever awarding body issued it. If standards are going to be raised with in our indsutry , then assesing in that manner will not change anything.

well the 2010 term is only 8 months away.. Lol to be honest i didnt see when the thread was started:eek: But you can be teaching and working towards cert ed, in fact its a course condition you have 60 paid teaching hours in the first year and 90 in the 2nd as you prob already know.

Do you have a level 3 in beauty? I did nvq unit 19 level 3 nails as it was then but the new one has 3d, sculpt , photographic air brushing etc in it.. I have nvq 3 beauty also.

Like you i have many manufacurers certificates which are prob equivalent to that level but sadly they only count for professional develpment. I rememeber going to enrol for cert ed a few years ago and the head of education said " just checking you do actually have the qualification you are going to teach?" some colleges may let it go.( which would open a big can of worms) but if ya want to teach you need a nvq 3 .

Like i already said, my college didnt teach it as they had no one, so therfore were not able to offer it with the teaching staff they had.. If colleges are teaching it with an under qualified teacher they would be found out by external verifers and even ofsted as they ask to check the originals regularly..

I think its great that more of you want to teach becuase to offer nvq you have to be a pretty skilled tech anyway! ( as i dust off my airbrush lol) and that cant only raise the standards in colleges..
Hth.

actual it is 150 paid teaching hours you have to have over a 2 year period while doing you cert ed as i am just about to start doing mine in september i am at present half way through my 7303 we don't have a brill teacher ether she goes of at a tangent ll the time but luckily even with my dyslexia i am finding it quite easy.

:green:
hI
I AM CURENTLY DOING PTTLS AND HAVE DONE ESSAY ON ASSESMENTS METHOD I CAN FORWARD IF YOU STILL NEED IT. HAVE YOU GOT THE EMBEDDED SKILLS ONE . I HAVE DONE A BIT BUT NEED TO DO SOME MORE

Hi

Could you forward me your assesments methods please so I can have a bit of help from it please, I just started this course 2 wks ago so its a bit scary!!

Latest posts

Back