Help with colour???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D!amond

Reaction score
I have a client on Friday who has a base of 5,(tinted) & now wants vibrant red! I have explained i wouldn't attempt a full head, her hair is below shoulder length,thick & layered, she now wants red foils throughout.
should i bleach foil to lift tint then rinse & apply a vibrant red semi all over?
fankies:green:

yes i would!
bleach to an orangy then i'd use goldwell 6rv or 6vr, its lovely xx

Hi a base five is a perfect base for an all over red semi (wouldn't she have this instead ? )
you could use a red crazy colour or red stargazer in rich wine , and it will be lovely and last about four weeks or more

Just wash and apply for half an hour , the shine is fab

no need to lighten it anymore , even fudge cherry bomb is another lovely shade
do some test pieces first if you or your your client want to see it first
hth :hug: x minky

thanx, i'll let uz know the outcome x

I was just about to mention Majicontrast too - works great no need to lighten first.
Also alfa parf do a similar range.

you can use contrast or hi-lift red as a hi -light , but id take a test strand from the underneath , because even though they can lift tint , if theres layers and layers of dark build up te ends will be darker.

hey guys, hair turned out crackin!
I used koleston 0/45 with 40vol on mid/ends for 30mins then with 20vol on roots for ten, lifted great, even & vibrant throughout!
thanx for replies:green:x

am confused...did u bleach first then put on 0/45?

Or just put this on the hair on its own? why did you use 40vol then 20vol? sorry if im being stupid xx

hi, didn't bleach it, roots were much lighter,(hadn't been tinted with the 5)
i guessed they would take much quicker.it seemed to work out great x

Why 40vol then 20vol? did you use 40vol so it stuck better on the tint? im sorry im being silly...I just like to get total grasp of things.

I suppose i was hoping that it would lift/stick to the previous tint,i'm unsure of tinting over tint to be honest, was hoping she would let me do a few flashes. the roots were her virgin hair so thot 20 would be best, what should have done? I have been hairdressing for 20 years, mobile for the last 5 years though so i have lost confidence in colour & don't have much experience with vibrant shades, i chose koleston as that is what i have always used. maybe i should do some training :green:x

im not at all suggesting what you are doing isnt right...i hope u dont think that. i just like to know what everyne else is doing...i worked in a salon where it was just one other stylist before who was less than adventurous, so i feel i missed out on gaining experince from other people i work with!!!

glad it all turned out, iv never used mix tone on its own before but am gonna try it on a friend next week xxx

let me know how it goes:green:x

im not at all suggesting what you are doing isnt right...i hope u dont think that. i just like to know what everyne else is doing...i worked in a salon where it was just one other stylist before who was less than adventurous, so i feel i missed out on gaining experince from other people i work with!!!

glad it all turned out, iv never used mix tone on its own before but am gonna try it on a friend next week xxx

This mixtone 0/45 is lovely and vibrant on naturally Dark hair but it may go a little too pinky and fade too quickly if too high a volume peroxide is used,

so once you've achieved the lift you require
a colour bath for fade on the ends with 0/45 for lost tone

also if you need to replace lost majicontrast tone on faded parts you can apply the majicontrast to the faded parts simply by mixing it with plain water , so you get pure tone and no lift :)

Thank you minky, I love to find out different ways around things :) xx

Latest posts

Back