Help with domain name please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
Working on a new website for selling vegan beauty products but having trouble deciding which domain name to go for:

1. www.theveganbeautycompany.co.uk says it all but a bit long

2. www.veganbeauty.co.uk nice and short, but already a .com online

Should I go with one of these or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Hazel

Hi I think veganbeauty.co.uk as it will be easier for customers to remember

I think veganbeauty.co.uk is good, just make sure your advertising is good enough so that people know its .co.uk not .com, otherwise they might end up at the wrong website and give up/get confused!

Good luck,
Nikki x

I was just checking out the .com site and it's really not good.....seems to be some sort of shopping search filter which doesn't work very well. A lot of items on there I know for a fact aren't vegan, some have ingredients clearly listed like beeswax and others simply have no ingredients listed at all. I would say vegans wouldn't trust it at all so do I really want to take the risk of confusion?

How about www.theveganbeautybox.co.uk ?

Is the .com site based in the uk? I can check tomorra if you want .... With careful design n mega tags buyin the .co.uk one shouldnt be a problem

I'd go with the longer version if there isn't one already with another .Net or .com etc. Just saves the Trouble of having to redirect people. And if you have the funds buy the .com too. You don't have to use it but at least nobody else will be able to!:)

The www.veganbeauty.com address is registered to someone in the US of A (possibly in Calafornia), using an address of POBOX, Lake Forest, CA

I'm not sure what keywords/google words you would use when searching for a site such as yours, but i'm sure that www.veganbeauty.co.uk and some thought on keywords wouldn't be problem when registering the site. You can always look to buy up similar domains as well. (For example. people may google "veganbeauty newcastle", so, if money allows, then purchase "veganbeautynewcastle.co.uk" etc etc)

Last edited:
Problem is if you only buy the .co.uk that sometimes your customers won't remember and you may lose them to that other site. It may be rubbish now but it might improve. And the customers are not to know if it isn't vegan. Well not as readily as you do.
So I would go for one where you can buy both ...the second one you won't use, it is only as another member says, to prevent someone else using it.
Also make sure your site contains keywords that will be searched on. As, again, if you don't someone else will. And then you will struggle to get above them in the listings.

Linda

Sorry I meant make sure your domain name contains keywords. What I wrote sounds so stupid with that typo. :-D

Lx

if you can purchase both .co.uk and .com extensions, to your domain name, then you can do that

you could even purchase, for example

www.veganbeautynewcastle.co.uk * (replace newcastle for your location)
www.veganbeautynewcastle.com

but then buy

www.veganbeauty.co.uk to redirect/use that as your main site. I find, when people are searching for a product/service, they will, 99% of the time, add a location to the search, ie: vegan beauty newcastle as this narrows down the results.

Latest posts

Back