Help with lady requesting refund ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely Claire, you tell her exactly where to get off . . . she is a micky taker if ever there was one.

the Sale of Goods Act states that when goods or services are faulty the aggrieved party is entitled to a full refund or a repair but its up to the buyer to choose, however she must return to you and show you whats wrong.

good accurate advice here, however I wonder if it still stands in this instance because she a) said she was happy and the nails were good UNTIL she went camping and b) because she is a biter and was almost due for maintenance anyway . . . just me thinking it through, not questioning the Act of course, and how fab that we have a legal exec on here to quote stuff like this anway.

Did she have a short nailbed as well by any chance? A lot of nail biters do and this means they can go even less time between rebalances then people with a longer nailbed.

Well if I brought say for instance a pair of trousers and the zip busted I could take it back to the shop for a refund or at least a replacement, but if I take the trousers to a tailor, have them mended and then take them back to the shop I brought them from for a refund, they would just look at me with a puzzled look...... Where is the proof of the complaint?????
You could always say to her something like this:
It is a shame that you didn't let me see what the problem was and that I didn't get a chance to have a look for myself, now you have had them re applied by someone else, I really can't help you any further. But do feel free to contact Trading Standards to confirm this.

Stand firm on this one, She should have let you have a look even if she didn't wanted you to rectify. How can you assess the validity of her claim, you cant and she can't either. I am all for give and take and great customer care, but there has to be visual evidence for me to give a little......Be firm and polite and professional till it hurts, but be calm when you deal with her..... Telling her to swivel, rotate, or doing pirouettes may make you feel better but wont do you any personal favours lol...... You are the professional here and she will just have to take your word and be aware that your decision on this matter is final.....

hi ,

just take into account all the clients you have that love your nails,
and compliment you and youll realise that your doing nothin wrong!!!!

A week and a halfs good for a nail biter, if youve offered to fix the problem then that is good enough! its her prob if she wants to go some where else...

hang in there chik xx:hug:

Hi All,

I have a little dilema. I did a full set of L&P on a new client wednesday last week. The lady had short bitten nails and had not worn nails before. Her hands looked transformed and she was extremely happy with them. She stated that she wanted them very short as she was a dental nurse. I kept them as short as possible (minimal free edge).

I provided the usual aftercare speech, and left her with aftercare advice.
She was going camping the following day.

I have today (Friday - 1 and half weeks later) received a phone call from her telling me she is not happy with her nails and that they have nearly all fallen off. I explained that I was surprised to hear this and offered to see her and see what the problem was, as I have not had this before.

She said she did not want to see me to rectify her nails and she was having them done by someone else this afternoon, she just wanted her money back.

I explained I would need to see her hands, she just continued she wanted her money back. I finished the call by arranging to go and see her next week (although she will have new nails on by someone else today).

This call has been bugging me. I don't think I shoud offer a refund, but how do I tell her this !!!! sorry its such a long one !

NO WAY would i give her a refund.

NOT after a week and a half and NOT without seeing the nails first.

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!!!

Did you explain that as she was a biter there was less natural nail for the enhancement to adhere to? so they may come off easier than if she had longer nail plates?

sounds to me like she wants a refund to pay for her new set.

Tell her to go jump!! lol.

How about making a policy to all clients whereby you state that any problems within 3 days and they should take a photo on their phone and send it to you?

I even said to her if she could not get to me that day then she should at least take a photo of her nails on her phone or camera !!, you win some you lose some, this is one customer I am not now worried about losing.

Latest posts

Back