help with lifting please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newintown

Reaction score
I did a set of L&P nails on a client last friday which i was really pleased with, until today, when the lady came back with most of them lifting in zone 3 in the corners. i do my prep to the book. so what could i have done wrong? I have looked throught other threads with have suggested that my product could be too thin/thick, but how thin/thick should it be?
I have another set booked in tomorrow and i'm dreding them. Does anyone have any ideas that i could try please ?

just the general things that r always suggested on here, keep the product thin and make sure it does not touch the sides. it takes time u will get some lifting when u first starting out it all comes with practice.

just make sure the product blends in well with no areas that water can get in.

sounds to me that your thumb and forefinger skin was touching that there nailplate - it happened to me years ago and it was suggested to me about this, and it was right.

make sure after youve prepped the nail, that YOUR fingers (thumb and forfinger)aint anywhere near that nailbed, and youll see a difference flower - you are transferring oils etc from YOUR skin, to the nail bed of the client

let us know how you get on

as too how thick/thin...just try next time to do them thinner in zone 3...you will soon get a feel for whats too thick and whats not.

The product should just melt into the nail in zone 3...you don't need any strength in that area so don't worry about that.

i was dreading doing this girls nails ( she was friends with the previouse owner of the salon) but she said that i had done a better job so i was so chuffed. Now i could cry i am willing to give anything a go. thanks for replying so quick, i might be able to sleep a bit better tonight.

sounds to me that your thumb and forefinger skin was touching that there nailplate - it happened to me years ago and it was suggested to me about this, and it was right.

make sure after youve prepped the nail, that YOUR fingers (thumb and forfinger)aint anywhere near that nailbed, and youll see a difference flower - you are transferring oils etc from YOUR skin, to the nail bed of the client

let us know how you get on

Yes I had this exact same problem and was told I was holding the finger wrong. Once I corrected it I had no more problems. x

Latest posts

Back