Help with perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marisolz

Reaction score
Hello , I am a licensed cosmetologist and I need help! So I’ve permed my fiancé’s hair twice and the curls don’t come out curly! He has thick dark hair, I use white and grey rods and I use Feels so lovely regular hair solution. And I’m debating if switching over to the feel so lively resistant hair . It’s been 2 times that I’ve permed it and it’s not as curly! They come out like waves . Or they will be curly for a week and then gone!

Hello , I am a licensed cosmetologist and I need help! So I’ve permed my fiancé’s hair twice and the curls don’t come out curly! He has thick dark hair, I use white and grey rods and I use Feels so lovely regular hair solution. And I’m debating if switching over to the feel so lively resistant hair . It’s been 2 times that I’ve permed it and it’s not as curly! They come out like waves . Or they will be curly for a week and then gone!
Grey rollers are quite large and don't give a massive amount of curl unless the hair is longer. What length is your partners hair? And what's the condition like? Are you cleansing the hair prior to the perm and are they allowing 48-72 hours before they wash their hair?

Yes! And it’s up to his nose. Also I’ve done perms before with grey rods and they come out very curly. His hair condition is thick

Is his hair porous? Or is it naturally sleek and the cuticle is packed tightly? This makes it difficult to curl, so you would either need to up the strength of your solution, which I wouldn't use "intense or difficult to curl" on hair that has already had perm on it. Use smaller rollers, on mens perms I tend to use a mixture of red and blue through the top and fringe and yellow and red on the crown.

Thick and short hair are hard to work on. You should use small rollers if the length isn't that long.

Latest posts

Back