Help with Qualifications for NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyT

Reaction score
Hi all

Please can someone help me? I have been searching the site for the answer but have not found it.
I have done four Essential Nails Home learn courses but have been recommended by someone to do the Nail Extension Level 2 Certificate in Nail Technology at Salisbury College.
I was wondering if my Essential Courses were enough to do this course or will I need to do a manicure course first!
Any help would be great as it's due to start on te 30th and would love to get on it!!
Obviously I have tried phoning, left messages, emailed but no answer as yet so I thought while I'm waiting I would ask any of you guys!!!

Thank you

Hi,
as a home learn gal myself, I have found that not many people accept home learn courses. I can't say if Salisbury College will accept your qualification, but in my experience you normally have to start from the beginning with Level 1.
Sorry I can't be of any more help,
Heather
xx

p.s. have you looked on their website, if they have one?

Yeah looked on website and that said you needed manicure qual but the odd person has been saying that this is more for the younger students who have just left school???
Confused!!!

Why not call them and ask? Get it from the horses mouth, so to speak.

yeah i'm trying but still waiting I just thought it was worth a try to see if anyone else had gone through it:)

you will more than likely need a level 2 manicure qualification to get on the nail extension course

and this is the standard for most colleges

but i would say try going into the college and bring any evidence of work that you have

Yeah looked on website and that said you needed manicure qual but the odd person has been saying that this is more for the younger students who have just left school???
Confused!!!

I've just recently enrolled on VCTC Nail Technician course. I have certificates from Creative, but no "academic" ones.

Whilst waiting in line, all the girls were getting grilled on their qualifications, both school and nail. When it came to me, I wasn't asked. I don't honestly know if this is because of my age (35) or the fact I have Creative certs. I have no NVQ's or anything similar though.

Was hoping they wouldn't ask about school....... I doubt the girl doing the enrolling had ever heard of an 'O' Level, lol:green:

yes I know what you mean!! I'm 27 so it's been awhile since I was at school and that's why I'm getting confused!! I've had a reply now for my email and they are forwarding it on to the right people so as soon as I know I shall post the answer because I'm sure I'm not the only Essential Nails trained gal who going to be doing this!!
Thanks for all your help!!

If it is going to be a NVQ nail service's course that you are wanting to do at college city & guilds do ask that you have a at least a nvq2 manincure certificate before you can go onto doing a nail technology course.

But i think i just depends on which awarding body they are using at college.

hth.

Just incase anyone is needing this claryfied like me I have now had anaser from Salisbury College.
My apologies the nail course at the college is using VTCT!!
So for any peeps out there who did Home learn like me and what to get a recognised qualification I quote from the College:-
"The Awarding Body that we use (VTCT) state that any learner enrolling on the Certificate in Nail Tchnology musthold a certificate in Manicures prior to starting the course. This is because the Nail Extension qualification is a qualification in it's own right and learners must have an acceptable understanding of the nail anatomy prior to starting the curse."

I hope this helps anyone like me. I think I am still going to go ahead though. I'll just have to do manicures first!!!

Thanks to all Geeks who replied!

Latest posts

Back