Help with Rebalance P&W

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi fellow Geeks,

Wanted to ask for some tips really. I have been taught a very long winded way of doing a rebalance on P&W acrylic L&P. Basically i have to buff all the product off especially the white tip so i can renew without getting a shadow. I am due to do my advanced in about a month which should give me some shortcuts for this but i need to know before then.

Am i wrong or is there an easier way to rebalance when doing the white tip bit?? The way i do it at the mo takes alot of buffing and is time consuming, i have heard you can just buff the tip but wasn't sure if it was right??

Appreciatte a bit of help with this as it puts me off offering the permanant french although i think it looks better, thanks guys,

a desperate fellow geek:o

When doing the french rebalance you need to file into the pink on the new smile line to make it thin enough so that when you infill with white, you are not left with a shadow - you do not need to take off all of the white unless it has aged so much that it has changed colour - this is product dependent. Why remove white when you are replacing it with white.

Then reduce some of the zones 2 and 3 as usual when doing a non french rebalance.

Hope that makes sense.

When you are doing a training course, as you mentioned you were about to do one, you need to do it the way your tutor says.

Thanks Natural Nails, i had a feeling there was another way. I thought that if you didn't remove all the white it would leave a shadow. But i see what you mean if you file where youwant the white to go then add the white. I assume you then reballance the pink in zone 2 and go over the nail as usual?

Thanks again:D

Hiya

If you start off as usual

1) reduce length
2) thin zones 1, 2 and 3
3) then for back fill thin pink where you want your new smile to be
4) apply new smile in gap and freshen thinly over free edge
5) either rebalance or fill zones 2 + 3

Hope this is clear................as mud prob........lol

Thanks Little Angel for your input it makes alot more sense to me now. I feel alot more confident now to do P&W rather than do the pink or clear then french polish after.

Thanks everyone:D :D

Little Angel said:
4) apply new smile in gap and freshen thinly over free edge
Do u mean file into the old pink at an angle to create a kind of gulley?

I've seen this done with a drill but how can u achieve this with a hand file - i too have the shadow problem on forever french rebalances.

Cathie

nails@42ndstree said:
Do u mean file into the old pink at an angle to create a kind of gulley?

I've seen this done with a drill but how can u achieve this with a hand file - i too have the shadow problem on forever french rebalances.

Cathie
By applying more pressure on just one side of your file you should be able to achieve this although its not something I`ve ever done successfully so I prefer the method of rebalancing the whole nail and filing away most of the white first

Hiya

If you apply your product nice and thin to start with it should only take minutes to thin down when you rebalance. I use a banana type file, becareful not to go right down to the nail plate so as not to cause any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back