Help with wax please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeycb

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondered if there any waxes you use that are good for all skin types (especially sensitive skins)? The wax I've been using (RICA Honey Wax) has been discontinued so I bought a RICA wax for sensitive skin & my clients are complaining it hurts more than the other wax & one of my client's has had extreme erythema beneath the brows. This wax isn't cheap either!
Could anyone recommend a good wax suitable for all skin areas types and all areas eg bikini. Are creme waxes good?
Many thanks!
Jade

Some wax brands have a range of hypoallergenic waxes that are much better for clients with very sensitive skin.

I use Perron Rigot and they have both strip and non strip waxes that are hypoallergenic.
If you contact Thalgo you could get a sample sent out of the non strip waxes ( Pure or Cristalline) and give them a try ...

Pure -is a creamy texture, white in colour and dries really quickly.
Cristalline - is a fluid gel- like texture that's a translucent orange colour.

Strip wax - there is a can of hypoallergenic wax called Cristal Ocean and in roller it's called Cristal Ice. It's a fluid wax that's applied really thinly and a translucent blue colour.

My favourite of the two non strip waxes would be Cristalline as it's much easier to use for intimate waxing etc...

Hope that helps

Jack

Last edited:
Thanks Jack,

I prefer the strip waxes but I've tried the crystal ocean before & didn't get on with that one either.. May have to get into creating one myself at this rate! Ha,
Jade.

For me fave strip waxes are outback Organics true blue, berins ease, salon system (British made which I love) and depileve pearl.

Mat

Also, I find these waxes need more heat for some reason? Strange....

Thanks Mat will take a look. Do you find them good for even the most sensitive skins?
Jade

For me fave strip waxes are outback Organics true blue, berins ease, salon system (British made which I love) and depileve pearl.

Mat

Mat, is Outback Organics true blue similar to PR's cristal ocean?

I also love True Blue, not as sticky as Cristal Ocean. I use this and OO Gold hot wax. X

You should use waxes that do not contain Rosin.

I love Perron Rigot, Cristal Ocean (strip) and Pure and Cristalline (hot).

When a new client comes to you and tells you that they've had a reaction in the past, ask them outright if they have a definite allergy or if they were just red and sore. If they don't know, say 'Let me wax you with my normal wax and see how we go this time'. If they do have an allergy either do a patch test but don't wax them until you're see the results. These days you could put some on their writs and ask them to send you a photo on their phone.

The reason I say that is because I've waxed thousands of people and I've never had anyone allergic to the wax, it's usually down to the previous waxer not taking care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back