help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love Ez flow and NSI. I must admit, the training I received from NSI was FANTASTIC and so was EzFlow...there are so many dodgy courses out there. I only found out when I did one a few years ago. I was just like you and didn't know where to go first! The mistake I made was to go on a bad course that trained me to use Salon systems (Anyone can buy it from a wholesaler)...it was Crap! I then had to go and un-learn everything .... £600 later!! !
I find Creative expensive compared to Ezflow and NSI but as I have never used Creative, I wouldn't know! I think maybe for your first course, go with a product based course rather than college course as they will sell you a kit which is sometimes naff and you will have wasted your money! People from a good brand know what they are talking about! There are plenty of great brands out there - this isn't a brand based site but if you look for posts and at the other geeks it tends to be a matter of personal preference.

Sam xx

Shelley

Hi I come from County Durham (Darlington) but living here in Devon. I am a qualified beautician and trained at Darlington College of Technology for 3 years of long hard work, but worth it. Just completed L&P with creative which is a challenge, especially those smile lines...am coming back up there to live in the new year, miss my family.Hope the nails are big up there now, compared to what it was like 5 years ago! I couldnt get anyone interested in them when I was living there ha!

Good luck with the course.

Dee x

:) Sam

Hi..what was the EZ Flow course like? I am hearing so much about it on this site and in the scratch magazine. Can you give me some idea of where the courses are runing from and are they expensive? What sort of courses are they? Is it like creative? I have just finished the L&P foundation?:biggrin:

Dee xx

geeg said:
Has any other company won 2 awards for giving the best industry training??
Has any other company won even 1 award for giving the best industry training?

Creative Nail Design have done both.

If I'm spending my 'hard earned' I'm going to spend it where it counts ... on the best.
thank you i have finnally come to a decision. i have been speaking to lots of technicans in my area today and ringing around about lots of courses and have finally decided to go with creative i have now jut got to find the money from somewhere and book myself on a course. i can't wait to get started i'm going to buy myself some books on pay day and start reading up on all i need to know. i'm so excited thank you for your advice and maybe one day i'll be the one winning the awards!!!!!!!:D xxx

theyoungone said:
thank you i have finnally come to a decision. i have been speaking to lots of technicans in my area today and ringing around about lots of courses and have finally decided to go with creative i have now jut got to find the money from somewhere and book myself on a course. i can't wait to get started i'm going to buy myself some books on pay day and start reading up on all i need to know. i'm so excited thank you for your advice and maybe one day i'll be the one winning the awards!!!!!!!:D xxx
I Think that you have made a really good decision and I wish you all the best for the future, keep us posted as to how you get on.:biggrin: :biggrin:

i can't belive i've come to my decision. i feel i have made the right choice and will book in for my course in the new year. i can't wait is there antthing i can do whilst i wait to start my course i'm an eager beaver.is there anything i can read up on to prepare my self for the couse. i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

theyoungone said:
i can't belive i've come to my decision. i feel i have made the right choice and will book in for my course in the new year. i can't wait is there antthing i can do whilst i wait to start my course i'm an eager beaver.is there anything i can read up on to prepare my self for the couse. i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Shelley mentioned 3 books in her reply to you earlier, they are all great for learning all about nail anatomy, diseases, contra-indictions etc and you will not go wrong in redading them before your course starts. Best of luck with it all.:green: :green: :green:

theyoungone said:
I trained with creative in milton keenes and had a great time. Kelly and Anne swain and Debs are the best. I'm allways remembered when I ring and I'm never rushed when I have a problem. I did the foundation evening class then the basic nail art and I've just done the sculptured nail day. can't prase them enough and more to the point I can't find any one who has ever slagged them of.
Good luck and don't panic............ just practice!:)

theyoungone said:
thank you for your help i will have a look out for these books. i was considering going with creative but i need to find out about training in my area thank you again xx:biggrin: p.s how do i subscribe to these magazines? xx
I subscribed through a trade show - but i think you can subscribe on geekmart on this site - good luck with your training xxx

Deesigner nails said:
Shelley

Hi I come from County Durham (Darlington) but living here in Devon. I am a qualified beautician and trained at Darlington College of Technology for 3 years of long hard work, but worth it. Just completed L&P with creative which is a challenge, especially those smile lines...am coming back up there to live in the new year, miss my family.Hope the nails are big up there now, compared to what it was like 5 years ago! I couldnt get anyone interested in them when I was living there ha!

Good luck with the course.

Dee x
Thankyou -
i dont live far from darlington xxxxx

shelley xx

what are vctc courses?

I meant VTCT??? lol opps

Hiya,

They are Vocational Training Charitable Trust Courses.

Does that help?

:hug:

Latest posts

Back