Heriditary dark circles how can you get rid or cover them up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys I have terrible dark circles under my eyes have tried various high street creams and concealers nothing seems to work, runs in both mum and dads families can you suggest anything for me?
Many thanks xx

Oooo, are dark circles under the eyes hereditary ... if so, I'll be having a few words with mum tomorrow!

Yves St Laurent's Touche Eclat is wonderstuff for cover-up, even if it's a bit on the expensive side.

Yep apparently so! I've tied touche eclat makes them look worse!

Yep apparently so! I've tied touche eclat makes them look worse!
That's a shame ... perhaps the skin geeks will be able to give you some more constructive advice.

PS: Be sure to drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep, that always helps me anyways.

I suffer badly from these as well. I use camouflage cream called Igia, it's waterproof and lasts all day, it comes in light, medium and dark, or I use Smart Cover which is another camouflage cream for birthmarks. If I don't use these I look like a drug addict. I think it's because the blood vessels are so close to the surface of the skin, plus I have very pale skin and you can see almost every vein in my body, but when I tan the circles don't look as bad.

I've spent a fortune on products to get rid of them, but I have to accept they're here to stay :cry:

They run in Lee's family so bad all his siblings have had eye bag removal and they all use a concealer which is for scars and burns. I'll find out what it's called.

Oh btw there's are what i would call extreme i have no idea how bad yours are,but his sister especially,looks like she has been hit,it really takes over her life as she is always checking how bad they are.

Oh just another tip,i am sure they are not but if they are creased she puts eight hour cream on beneath the concealer,it fills the lines she says hth's

You need to use yellow for covering dark circles.

hth

I've got the mac concealer which is quite good as I suffer from this as well, look like death warmed up without it

Oooo, are dark circles under the eyes hereditary ... if so, I'll be having a few words with mum tomorrow!

Yves St Laurent's Touche Eclat is wonderstuff for cover-up, even if it's a bit on the expensive side.

isnt Yves St Laurent's Touch Eclat a highlighter...??......i thought that was a no go for covering things up as it highlights them...??...i may have this totally wrong...:lol: but would like to know ???

isnt Yves St Laurent's Touch Eclat a highlighter...??......i thought that was a no go for covering things up as it highlights them...??...i may have this totally wrong...:lol: but would like to know ???

touche eclait is a cover up stick...perfect for round the eye's thats where i use it to remove my dark circles.

I also put a bit on the lids to make my eyeshadow stay on better:green:

touche eclait is a cover up stick...perfect for round the eye's thats where i use it to remove my dark circles.

I also put a bit on the lids to make my eyeshadow stay on better:green:

ahhhh i see....i thought it was a highlighter pen thingy me bob....:lol: thanks x

ahhhh i see....i thought it was a highlighter pen thingy me bob....:lol: thanks x

i bet you've seen mine matey ....gold clicky ended pen thing

That's right. Touche Eclat is a concealer.

Hi guys I have terrible dark circles under my eyes have tried various high street creams and concealers nothing seems to work, runs in both mum and dads families can you suggest anything for me?
Many thanks xx

whatever you choose, ensure it is especially designed for under the eyes, as some concealers have anti bacterial ingrediants in them which are too heavy for the eys and also dehydrate the eye area (making circles look worse!). From experience, i have found that the touche eclat works really well, and boots No 7 have their own version which is also very good. these products have light reflecting pigments in them which help bounce the light off of them - rather than the light being absorbed to the area and making them look worse.IMO, HTHs:)

Thanks ladies, I think I'll try the camoflauge cream :)

I always have dark circles under my eyes as well. I use the yellow concealer... it works like a dream.

Hey hun :green:

You don't want to be loading heavy makeup on your eye area. It will look caked and it will age you. Traditional camouflage makeup (that used for covering birth-marks and such like) is far too heavy for the delicate eye area.

A few have said yellow colour corrector for the dark circles, but I wouldn't use this colour for masking such a problem. Under eye circles always tend to be shadow coloured, and sallow, with the colour of them being predominantly blue-toned. You really need to warm these 'shadows' up by using the opposite colour to neutralize them, so the colour corrector you are looking for is peach. Make sure your peach is more orange-toned than pink though, or you will not neutralize effectively and will end up with a chalky effect.

I most often use peach colour corrector on Asian skins, as they have a tendency to be very sallow. MAC's peach c/corrector is one I highly recommend; you can use it either underneath foundation, or mix it with your concealer, or both - depending on the severity of the dark circles.

Yellow c/corrector is most commonly used to tone down high colour, as it effectively neutralizes pink, and looks far more natural than it's more traditional green c/corrector cousin which can often give a ghostly look to skin.

hth

My Mum has dark circles (I don't YET) and she is very aware of them and has tried lots of things. I brought her a product from Virgin Vie and she loves it. Sorry I can't remember what its called but I think its a similar kind of thing to touche eclat.
HTH
Lisa
xxxx

Latest posts

Back