Hi does the cost of printing pricelists sound about right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettythings

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I am loving all the forums and the helpful advice so I thought I would see if anyone can advise me!

I'm just starting out and I have been given some prices for printing my stationery- 250 appointment cards - £55.00 and 250 Pricelists (a5) £200.00. Does this sound like a fair amount?

I'm finding that I am really struggling to get a price/quote out of printers when I call any one else having this problem.

Thanks for any advise xx

Hi
I have used Carl at extensionize ([email protected]) to design my logo(see avator), business cards and pricelist. He then suggested I look at vistaprint online to price the printing and it is reasonable,hope this helps x

I recommend Vista print hun I get emails from them all the time offering things for free then you only pay for the postage. I use my business cards as app. cards to by having printing on the back too. check them out hth.x

That is way too dear. I can thousands from my printers for that price.

Hi, this is my first post too! I have been browsing Salongeek for about 6 months but haven't dared to post but read this and had to reply... I rang around all my local printers and now have a deal where I get 1000 price lists for £30, as long as I always get my printing done with them. To begin with I was quoted as much as £400!!! As it happens having a new salon i have needed printing done nearly every week for various things so I think they are very happy with this deal!!! I have looked at vistaprint which is also fab but takes too long to deliver but if you can wait I would absolutely go with them! Good luck x

hi- i too have been looking at prices for printing. i really wanted to have plastic business cards as i think your business cards say a lot and i didn't want cheap tacky ones. i found a place in manchester who deliver nationwide. they do 1000 plastic business cards for £150. you can find them on the internet afp designs. am foning them tomorrow to see how much they charge for price lists cos i need my price lists done. £30 is very cheap. what is the name of the company?

I can get 5k postcard size full colour, printed both sides for approx £100 inc delivery. Not ordered any for a while so this rice is based on 2006/2007 prices.

This is from a company in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, called Belle Vue Sign and Print. if anyone wants their details let me know.

Rachel x

Try bestprinting.co.uk
I had some flyers and business cards done by them and the service and quality is excellent.

That sounds really expensive! You could probably buy a nice new colour laser printer and the necessary paper and card for printing the price lists/appointment cards for less than that - and then you'd still have the printer at the end of it for printing another load off when you need them!

Thats alot of money hun go on vista print i get all my businnes cards,brouchures,postcards from there and all i pay is the postage:green:

The printer I use is called MBE, I have 1000 postcard size pricelists, printed back and front, black and white but if I wanted colour it would be around £60. I use quite a lightweight card which makes all the difference in the price but they are still very good quality.

That sounds really expensive! You could probably buy a nice new colour laser printer and the necessary paper and card for printing the price lists/appointment cards for less than that - and then you'd still have the printer at the end of it for printing another load off when you need them!

I think this is a really important point and one to think about. I go through a lot of price lists and I print them myself at home. Laser printer, special heavy weight satin finish paper and they are very professional looking and I also have the flexibility to change items on them whenever I please without losing out financially.

For all my other printing I do use Vistaprint, and I don't think that you can beat their business cards. Mine double up as appointment cards and their postcard printing is about £14 for 100 so for promotional events they're great.

I think this is a really important point and one to think about. I go through a lot of price lists and I print them myself at home. Laser printer, special heavy weight satin finish paper and they are very professional looking and I also have the flexibility to change items on them whenever I please without losing out financially.

For all my other printing I do use Vistaprint, and I don't think that you can beat their business cards. Mine double up as appointment cards and their postcard printing is about £14 for 100 so for promotional events they're great.

I also print my own price list as like you say im able to change them whenever i need too:green:

Latest posts

Back