Hi is it normal for hair regrowth 1 wk after under arm waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

We are doing under arm waxing in college so only attempted it twice so far!

I did my first under arm wax on my fellow student who had a good growth, when I removed the hairs It looked like the bulb/root of the hair came away also and there was blood spotting, only a small amount:rolleyes:

She had no hairs left at all at the end (any left were tweezered out) Ok is it my technique as only done this procedure for the first time in that area, she also had hairs going in circles which was not easy)

She had the under arm wax a week ago and small areas had grown back, have I just snapped the hair at the skin level, and if so how can I make sure my technique is correct, as I dont want clients in the future paying for a wax only to see hair 1 wk later:rolleyes: My tutor was so busy with other students and their clients to ask and we are not in for 2 weeks now and wanted to get some sound advice from expert therapist before I go back.

I love waxing though, finding I get great satisfaction out of it when removing lots of hair, its a great feeling am I alone in this??:eek: lol

cheers

The hair on our body grows at different rates otherwise we would go bald at certain stages in our life.

She obviously usually shaves her armpits and when you waxed you took out the hair that was there which is fine however the hair which hadn't pushed through the skin yet has now come out.

It's nothing you have did the more you wax the more you train the hair to come through at the same time and therefore your wax lasts longer.

Advise her not to shave the hair that has come through if possible and then wax it off with the next wax in 3 weeks and keep doing your 4-6wk wax cycles and she should find herself hair free between waxes.

Hope this isn't too complicated.
xxx

:oAhhh of course, we have only gone over the growth cycle slightly, will do more in depth over next lessons at college, and im going to find time to read the section on that this wkd. I have just had a quick read and it has said that because of the cyclical nature of hair growth, the follicles are always at different stages! This has taught me not to think that its me with a bad technique, its me needing to read as much on the subject as poss, then it all becomes clear, going to read read read!:eek:

cheers

Hi there

We are doing under arm waxing in college so only attempted it twice so far!

I did my first under arm wax on my fellow student who had a good growth, when I removed the hairs It looked like the bulb/root of the hair came away also and there was blood spotting, only a small amount:rolleyes:

She had no hairs left at all at the end (any left were tweezered out) Ok is it my technique as only done this procedure for the first time in that area, she also had hairs going in circles which was not easy)

She had the under arm wax a week ago and small areas had grown back, have I just snapped the hair at the skin level, and if so how can I make sure my technique is correct, as I dont want clients in the future paying for a wax only to see hair 1 wk later:rolleyes: My tutor was so busy with other students and their clients to ask and we are not in for 2 weeks now and wanted to get some sound advice from expert therapist before I go back.

I love waxing though, finding I get great satisfaction out of it when removing lots of hair, its a great feeling am I alone in this??:eek: lol

cheers

Hi, Im assuming that you haven't yet been taught any a&p about the hair growth cycle etc? anagen,catogen and telogen. Basically as hair goes through different rates of growth and stages of growth, there would have most probably have been hair underneath the client's skin that was not visible to you. The regrowth that she has experienced is termed seconadry growth.
x

The only reason that I'm not contributing to this thread is that the replies you've had are spot on.

Just to add that things aren't always as they say in the text book as all the wax pro's on here will tell you, so don't beat yourself up. Sounds like you're doing a fab job. xxxx

I always explain to new clients that it will take 4-6 waxes (4 weeks apart) before they are not getting regrowth right away.

Hi there

Thanks for all your replies I fully understand why now thanks for that.:)

Sounds a bit the wrong way, but in college (I do 2 evenings a week studying level 2 NVQ) we do the practical and learn the technique first then we do work packs and assignments on the actual theory, I have only just started to wax and just wanted an insight from the therapists on here.

I am sitting down with my book tonight and going through the waxing part in great detail, I think I panicked and thought I was rubbish at waxing even though I love it:rolleyes:

Can I just clarify, if you get a new client who has never had an under arm wax before and is a shaver, I gather then her under arm wont be totally hair free for very long, due to the stages of hair growth?? What do you explain to clients and I gather (correct me if Im totally wrong here) the more thay have their arms waxed the more the hair will catch up, so it will be hair free for longer. I didnt think you could change the cycle of hair growth?

Sorry I need to read up, but im sure my book only skims over the hair growth cycle in a little detail?:eek:

Iv heard that if Im in doubt as to whether the hair is suitable for waxing length wise, you look to see if the hair is starting to lie flat instead of up right, if it is then it can be waxed? Another students hair was standing upright and only about a weeks growth and I said I doubt that can be waxed, she still wanted it doing but I was right it did not budge:!:

Thanks for your great advice, Iv got sooooooo much to learn and Im going to read my book as much as possible in the spare time I do have (which is rare these days with a baby, same as most working mums on here though:))

cheers:hug:

Can I just clarify, if you get a new client who has never had an under arm wax before and is a shaver, I gather then her under arm wont be totally hair free for very long, due to the stages of hair growth?? What do you explain to clients and I gather (correct me if Im totally wrong here) the more thay have their arms waxed the more the hair will catch up, so it will be hair free for longer. I didnt think you could change the cycle of hair growth?

Sorry I need to read up, but im sure my book only skims over the hair growth cycle in a little detail?:eek:

Iv heard that if Im in doubt as to whether the hair is suitable for waxing length wise, you look to see if the hair is starting to lie flat instead of up right, if it is then it can be waxed? Another students hair was standing upright and only about a weeks growth and I said I doubt that can be waxed, she still wanted it doing but I was right it did not budge:!:

)

cheers:hug:[/quote

When you wax a client that's been shaving, you'll probably feel stubble, even though you've just waxed all visable hair off. I take their hand and say in a friendly and informative way 'Sue, you feel that stubble? Well that's where you've been shaving and the next growth stage is waiting just below the skin to come through. But don't worry, that normal if you've been shaving. Just don't shave, tweeze or use any hair removal creams in between your appointments and you'll find that after a few appointments, they'll all be pretty much growing at the same stage and they'll be waxed out together, leaving no stubble at all. It's a pain at first but well worth sticking with it.'

I never use technical terms..........just plain English. So, by doing the above, you've educated them but by letting them feel the stubble, they're not going to walk out and say, 'She's a crap waxer' she's left loads of hair and it grew back a few days later', because you've let them know, ever so politely, that they stubble is their and not yours.

By the way, I don't care if the hair is sticking up, laying down or line dancing. The wax that I use (Perron Rigot) grabs the shortest hair so you don't have to worry about that. Also, that means that they don't have to walk around with hairy pits until they get waxed.

WAX ON ! xxx

:hug:I
By the way, I don't care if the hair is sticking up, laying down or line dancing. The wax that I use (Perron Rigot) grabs the shortest hair so you don't have to worry about that. Also, that means that they don't have to walk around with hairy pits until they get waxed.

WAX ON ! xxx[/quote]

Hi there

Oh that made me laugh out loud :lol:

Thanks for that it makes real sense and Il know now what to say to friends etc who come as clients in college for waxing, as I dont want them thinking Im useless at it, now I can explain before it grows back, good stuff!

Im in the process of saving my pennies :) to buy the hive wax heater and perron rigot wax, being a student etc, Im so excited that it removes even the shortest of hair it sounds fantastic, my poor husband will be bald by the time Iv practiced practised practised on him, poor thing. Only body hair of course, not experienced or trained to do any of the technical brazilians etc and would never have a go just for fun, hed never ever forgive me, or let me go near him again:smack::smack: Dont think he will look to good either with no body hair so better restrict my efforts.

cheers

nenee

Latest posts

Back