High end tanning solution, Fake Bake, St Tropez?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyMills

Reaction score
Hi girlies

I've been tanning for a while now and LOVE Suntana. I know the saying is if its not broke don't fix it but I have so much competition locally I feel like I need to stand out abit.

I was thinking of offering Fakebake or st tropez but I've seen mixed reviews on both.

I have alot of younger clients wanting the 10%~12% but I've seen such slot of comments regarding to fakebake pretty much washing off leaving no colour. (Even the darker one) and I'm not sure whether st tropez will be dark enough for my clients who want to look like these had two weeks in Spain.

I've tried nouveau tan before but wasn't keen (sorry nouvafans) can anyone else help? Xen tan perhaps?

What exactly are you looking for? You say "high end solution" - what is your definition of 'high end'? Something with brand recognition - but yet you say you want to stand out? Or is it something with premium quality ingredients? Or great branding with plentiful marketing support? A strong message? What criteria are you trying to meet, exactly? :)

Hi huni

Thanks for your reply x

I want a solution that's recognised, brands like fakebake and st tropez sell themselves. But I don't want to just buy them for their name if they're not as reliable x

What's everyone's opinions xx

I'm wondering the same as the above poster. But if it is brand recognition you are looking for you could try sienna X. They are well known and alot of celebs use it I think? I didn't personally like it, I thought the low percentages were quite dark and because of this (maybe?) the fade off wasnt great.

Sorry, may have put the wrong title x

What i meant was that i would like a brand that's going to jump out at customers. Suntana although fantastic isn't as well known (as yet!!) as the others, so i wanted to offer something that is more recognised to clients on my tanning menu.

Have either of you used fakebake or st tropez? I have had a tan by sienna but want keen on the colour, or fade off xxxxx

I dont think ST Tropez is that big in spray tanning anymore so im not sure if that would impress anyone. I have been sprayed with fakebake. The problem with it is that there is only the original and darker solution, so you cant go any darker than the person skin colour will allow really. When I worked in a spa we used it and we would all spray each other and I would always be the lightest because I dont tan naturally at all, we would all be different shades of light and dark althoug we had used the exact same solution.

Your best bet would be to get sprayed using fake bake and see what you think yoursef.

I trained with fake bake and started out with them, adamant this was the best because of the brand. When my machine packed in I shopped around for a replacement and bought one from suntana which came with some solutions so I trialled them and every single customer asked me to make the switch. I've trialled so many solutions without revealing the brand name etc and each time my clients want to stay with suntana. I've converted many 'brand only' lovers and to be honest wouldn't consider switching back to fake bake now! I learnt that a brand name means nothing anymore x

You're so right! I love Suntana x I wouldn't want to offer a solution if its no good. Maybe il just promote them as much as I can instead of trying to find a solution that comes close.

Thanks everyone xx

With st.ttopez unless you are a huge account the support is rubbish! Clients always complained it wasn't dark enoguh however I feel it looks clean and proffesional and fades well.

Latest posts

Back