Hive pink sensitive wax (Reaction with wax)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobhan@real

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently started working at my salon this January and have taken over the previous therapists clients, before she left she left me a note regarding one of her clients who has previously had bad reactions to tea-tree wax when having full leg and bikini wax. The therapist had been using on her hive's pink sensitive cream wax, she had used this twice on the client before leaving and she had no reaction, so this was a good sign. However i treated her 2 weeks ago on a wednesday and used the same wax everything was fine no erythema during the wax, perfect.
However on tuesday morning she phoned to say that she had suffered a reaction on the backs of her knees and bikini line area but it didn't come up untill the saturday which was 3 days later. She said it was very very hot and itchy and had simply just left it didn't put anything on just ignored it. I asked her to come in on the tuesday to have a look and the redness was all gone, and had only lasted 2 days. I asked her what she had been doing over the weekend, had she touched the areas, any perfumed products, abrasives etc. She then told me she had her sisters little children at the weekend and had been crawling with them and had only had 2 showers since wednesday which would nearly be a week! This made me question wether or not it was an allergy to the wax or maybe just a sweat rash and not cleaning the areas.
I phoned hive and they informed they haven't changed the wax at all.
Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem before or if you could shed any light on why else this could have happened? Thanks x

I would have thought that any contra action would show up within 24 hours of being waxed. I think her reaction may be down to something else.

Could it perhaps have been due to friction from tight clothing?

I would have thought that any contra action would show up within 24 hours of being waxed. I think her reaction may be down to something else.

Could it perhaps have been due to friction from tight clothing?

She maybe had jeans on for several hours after waxing.:rolleyes:

Thanks guys for replies, yes thats what i thought it could be friction from clothes rubbing and when crawling around this aggravated it.x

Latest posts

Back