hollywood or brazillian???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen Betty colours at Shear Beauty but not in any of the beauty wholesale outlets over here - that would be a fab distribution opportunity! I'm sure I remember hearing that Smilegems / Bikinigems were introducing something similar called Sunset Beach or something like that, but I can't find it on their site.

I did find this: Smart Beauty UK Ltd. Smart Bikini Colour & Styler - they have a few crazy colours in their range.

I also know that a company called miniKINI do natural colours: Minikini Colour (the distributor is a lovely lady, very helpful).

Andy x

MY PERSONAL TIP: Always colour the hair before shaping and waxing as putting colour onto just waxed skin will kill. So if say you're doing a heart......colour a square of hair larger than the heart, then just shape and wax your heart. PERFECTO !

Well I have to admit..........:o I shave, its been years since I had anything waxed, and that was eyebrows, I did let under arms and legs grow so that a friend could use me as a waxing model and thought it was great, but she never went on to do this for a living so I went back to my razor, and theres me wanting to take a waxing course myself:o I'm really looking forward to seeing Andy and Kim demo in March but getting my bits out for someone to slap wax on.......... and as for dyeing it pink, I could just see my oh rolling on the floor pounding himself on the chest and gasping through the laughter, 'keep going you fool':irked:

It took me a while to realise it was a peach i thought it was an awful hairy sunburnt bottom.

Glad its not just me, it took me a few looks to see it properly! :lol::lol:

Brazilian for me!!! :lol:

Hi,
I have had brazillian for several years, with the warm wax system. But have considered doing the hot wax course for true Hollywood. So in the interest of my possible future clients I went 3 weeks ago for my 1st hot wax Hollywood. Not many in my area do this, so I had to travel. I am going for my 3 week maintenence tomorrow, and have already booked my next 3 appointments.
They made me feel very at ease, very professional salon, I would say the 1st time is the worst, but it really did not hurt as I had expected, warm wax is definately more painful, so now it will be regular maintenance, really just like keeping up with having your nails done, but after 4 - 5 visits I will only need to go about evey 6 weeks. Still not sure if I am ready to train in this yet. lol x :rolleyes:

Brazilian for me, although each time it's getting closer to a Hollywood.

Loving the idea of a heart for valentine's day. May start mentioning this to my clients and prep one of the other therapists to do it on me! lol

it's Brazilian for me too ! i had it done the start of the year for a weekend away and said i would continue but didn't.

i booked my holiday this june to Tenerife last september and thought it would be best to start the waxing again so i've been going every 3-4 weeks since then.

can anyone tell me how much longer will it take to get a routine with the hair growing as i'm still finding that a couple of days later theres hair again (i know this is not the hair just removed lol) i read on her it was best to start in the winter so that for the summer it should take longer between visits. i'm just worried that 4 day's into my hols it will need doing again.

just had an idea :idea::idea: small palm tree design with gems.

it's Brazilian for me too ! i had it done the start of the year for a weekend away and said i would continue but didn't.

i booked my holiday this june to Tenerife last september and thought it would be best to start the waxing again so i've been going every 3-4 weeks since then.

can anyone tell me how much longer will it take to get a routine with the hair growing as i'm still finding that a couple of days later theres hair again (i know this is not the hair just removed lol) i read on her it was best to start in the winter so that for the summer it should take longer between visits. i'm just worried that 4 day's into my hols it will need doing again.

just had an idea :idea::idea: small palm tree design with gems.
The best way forward is to wax every 4 weeks WITHOUT shaving or tweezing in between. You'll find that after the first few waxes, the hair growth will become less. The important bit is leaving it in between. As far as you finding hair there a couple of days later, I would say that's hair that's been broken off during the waxing session rather than waxed out of the root.

Hi,
Back again to report on my 2nd Hollywood appointment, definately a lot less uncomfortable, can't call it pain, she used the hot wax system, over an done in no time, hardly noticed what was going on, we chatted as she worked, so I was unaware that she had finished, will be back again in 3 weeks, then we have agreed 4 - 5 weeks will suit me, the more you go the less it grows. Be brave and try it, you won't regret it. lol x:)

Sorry if I don't get the terminology right, I am guessing Hollywood is everything gone right? We call that a "Full bikini" wax here. Also, "Brazillian" can come in many shapes and forms here. I think people just do what they want and call it whatever they want here. Anyone care to set the record straight for me? Also, what's a "French"?

Anyway, to answer the question, I get "Hollywood", if it's what I think it is and I do it myself. I miss a few at the back though. Hard to reach back there.

Sorry if I don't get the terminology right, I am guessing Hollywood is everything gone right? We call that a "Full bikini" wax here. Also, "Brazillian" can come in many shapes and forms here. I think people just do what they want and call it whatever they want here. Anyone care to set the record straight for me? Also, what's a "French"?

Anyway, to answer the question, I get "Hollywood", if it's what I think it is and I do it myself. I miss a few at the back though. Hard to reach back there.
Yes you're right..........different people give them different names. Generally though, here in the Uk, a Hollywood is everything off the front and inside the butt cheeks. A Brazilain is the same but leaves a shape of bubic hair at the top.

Hi,
Yes where I go Hollywood is absolutely everything, they say that they are mainly asked for Hollywood or Brazillian, very rare they are asked for standard bikini wax. But I do have to get in a few strange positions, all very descret, so no one should be shy, really worth the effort. lol x :hug:

The best way forward is to wax every 4 weeks WITHOUT shaving or tweezing in between. You'll find that after the first few waxes, the hair growth will become less. The important bit is leaving it in between. As far as you finding hair there a couple of days later, I would say that's hair that's been broken off during the waxing session rather than waxed out of the root.

thank you brow queen! :hug:

well i'm thinking that it might be best to change salon because if this is what is happening then whats the point? the very first one i had the girl was really good pulled the skin tight before remover strips but this girl just seems to not bother :eek:. i don't ever shave between visits but i did tweezer some out a week after my visit. not sure if i've done wrong but i was fed up that it had only been a week!

can anyone suggest a good place in the wolves area to go?

Latest posts

Back