Home Salon vs Mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi All

I was wondering what % you get each week from mobile and home salon appointments?

Im in the process of sorting out a home salon room as Id rather work from home with a small amount of mobile but my husband keeps saying that he thinks mobile will be more popular!

Any experience/advice

Im planning on keeping my own records so I can analyse what marketing is working when my busiest times are how clients communicate etc but until I have some more data any info would be great!!

Thank You x

Hi Hun I do both but I'm finding that most people want mobile. I offer slightly cheaper prices if people come to me to try and more home appointment but some people struggle getting to me. They either don't drive or have kids so it's easier if I go to them. Hope this helps x

Hi. One of the first questions I get asked when I tell people I do manicures is 'are you mobile?' I think, with the busy lifestyles people lead these days, it's more convenient for me to go to them. Sometimes it's nice not to have to leave the house!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hi guys!

Thank you for your input! Were planning on decorating the room in mu business colours (teal, chocolate and cream) were also keeping our sofa bed in the room so can change the use of it as and when we need to!

I was hoping the majority would say home salon as its sooo much easier but actually as long as the price is right etc Ill go where the work is home or mobile!!

Thanks again - if there are anymore views please feel free to post :)

I opened a room at home in January and i now have 50% of clients coming to me, I do not offer them a discount. Any new clients that contact me I always try to get to come to me before i offer going to them, I am gradually encouraging people to come to me but there is a few I know that wont :sad:

I am mobile and home based and i would say home is far more popular. I get approx 80% of my clients coming to me for treatment. I think this is because most of them have come to me via word of mouth recommendations and as they don't live in my direct area they don't expect me to go to them. I much prefer clients to come to me, i hate lugging my stuff around and i always think i've forgotten something. Best of luck :) x

I'm home based, and offer mobile, been three years now in business and I do very little mobile. It's easier for me for clients to come to me and clients love coming to be they say they feel more pampered.

I have a home salon. I opened 3 weeks ago and I've had plenty of enquiries, and 8 bookings so far. I had a couple of people ask about mobile, but it was literally about 2 out of about 18 enquiries.

This is gonna sound cheesy, but I think if you LOVE your room, and really truly believe clients will have a lovely experience in it, I think you'll be able to convince clients likewise to come to you.

I've managed it so far, and also on treatments such as Shellac as I REALLY believe in it! People who hadn't heard of it now have it! Lol.

Good luck, and although my business isn't as established as some I hope I've helped! Xx

Hi guys

Thank you for your replies I was up late last night reading the threads the search function had brought up!

I guess its like anything if you promote it and believe in it it will work!

LoveBeauty14 I feel the same about Nouvatan I didnt actually LIKE spray tans before I came across them! lol now Im a spray tanner (is that the right word LOL)

Thanks again xx

i have a home salon and only offer mobile for brides. its so much easier for ppl to come to you , everything is set up just so and more relaxing for clients. I have clients who travel 2 junctions up a motorway to come to me so i must be doing something right!

also think about wear and tear on your car, you would have to change your insurance and all that lugging about!!!hth x

I work fro, home and mobile, about 90% of my clients come to me. I do very little mobile, and if I do I charge plenty. Any offers I run are only valid in my home salon. Most people prefer to come to me, apart from some of my lovely clients that physically can't drive etc, so I go to them. Offering both gives your clients the choice, which could lead to more business. I only work nights, andthis has been really popular as most people struggle to get to a salon through the day due to kids, jobs etc. Good luck with your new business xx

Thanks guys!

Im having a really tough day in my office job so re-reading this thread has cheered me up!

Im going to make a start on it tonight!

xx

I totally agree with mrsilashes about offers. I always make sure my special offers and discounts are only valid when clients visit my Nail & Beauty Room and specify 'Not valid on mobile service' on promotional flyers etc.

I am new to think and think its interesting that most of everyones clients do go to their home salon... But I think in my head, they are thinking if your mobile, they should come to you?

How would you go about it in the first instance of a new client, say via text 'Can I have a booking on Monday eve at 7?' ... What do you say back? I would feel cheeky asking them to come to me...

I am in the making and would be good to know how to go around this as whenever I have used mobile funnily enough I have always gone to them, just cant remember what they have said to make me go there hehe.

I always try and call customers back if they have text but where this is not possible I would text and say something along the lines of:

Hi yes I can do Monday evening at 7pm I have a fully equipped, comfortable home salon that I work from, may I take your email address so I can confirm all the details and send you the pre/post care information as well as my address

Also depends on your marketing most will put home salon on flyers website etc

I always try and call customers back if they have text but where this is not possible I would text and say something along the lines of:

Hi yes I can do Monday evening at 7pm I have a fully equipped, comfortable home salon that I work from, may I take your email address so I can confirm all the details and send you the pre/post care information as well as my address

Also depends on your marketing most will put home salon on flyers website etc

Ahhh really nooooooooooo, I have 'Your local mobile beauty service' on my business cards, eeek maybe this was a bad idea. I will maybe have to just say the whole I am busy with appointments at home... and then put any offers not applicable with mobile services. I will make sure I have on my website that I work from home too.

I dont have a home salon as such as still living with parents, I was going to steal the spare room for it but they thought they'd use it as a gym instead, HUFF!!! Can setting up in my bedroom be counted as a home salon?

I have home based with salon, then at the very bottom of flyer etc I put mobile service available. When they ring or text I always say " do you know where I'am" if they want mobile they will say then. Before I'd say " did you want me to come to you" which people would then think about it.

Hi

Dont worry I have mobile spray tanning on mine - but on my facebook page I have outlined home appointments coming soon etc and when people call me I can steer them into a home appointment rather than mobile unless they ask!

x

Edited to add I can hopefully steer them into a home appointment lol

What Kezza said is VERY important. HOW you say things is the best way to direct people where you want them to be. You can ask the same question in 2 different ways as she pointed out and provoke different thought patterns. I would stick with her plan of asking if they know where your based or if they need directions :D

Latest posts

Back