Home salon when in remote location

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittone05

Reaction score
I know it isn't ideal but I am limited mobile wise due to driving restrictions and am looking for ways to promote a home salon being in such a remote area.

We live approx 7 miles from the nearest "corner shop" and the nearest extensions salon based is approx 20 miles from me.

We do have a couple of Facebook advertisers localish to us - they do not confirm they are qualified and insured and offer nail enhancements for £10 and micro ring hair extensions for £120-£130 :(

I know that they aren't marketing the same client base that I would be after BUT being so close to Christmas, I am finding less and less people are enquiring with me due to other techs stupidly low prices :(

Need a brainwave or a cunning, evil plan to kick start December :( xx

Couldn't you offer some special Xmas & new year deals -
Depending on what you offer treatment wise?
I'm similar to you as in not being mobile. Although I do have a 'corner shop' across the road lol so I'm not exactly in a remote location..
But I do feel your pain about the cheapo 'techs' offering a full body make over for £4.50 LOL
It'll be a full set of 10 grand veneers for £20 next!
It's so difficult getting customers when they all think 'ah well I can get it cheaper elsewhere'

I just trained in lashes & someone not far from me is doing a full set for £28 but I've had a nosey & as much as it pains me to say it they look really good! & from what info I've dug out they last the full time too.. Argggh
So I'm now thinking how the eff can I compete with this? It looks like your not the only one who has to get her thinking cap on
Good luck x

Thanks chick and good luck to you too xxx

Hi Hun

As you are remote, how remote are those around you? As in where are you neighbours. The reason I ask is there must be other people in the same situation as you that want a service. Sorry I'm not explaining myself am I lol! What I mean is, within the 7 mile radius of you to the corner shop your 'neighbours' will also be a fair distance from beauty salon etc, so could you target those people perhaps. If its 20 miles to the nearest salon then cast your net a little wider.

I am not a great fan of leaflet drops however I have certain areas I am going to target that I think would possibly use my services. My treatment room is just off the village shops high street in a more residential area, it's attached to a health food shop, so I am going to target the immediate area around the shop, as well as local shops, groups etc in that area. There are also more affluent areas round here, that again i would choose to target. Not because I am a snob, lol, but because I have to consider who would be more likely to use my service at the prices I am charging (I charge what i should).

Whilst you may be up against it because you are in a remote location, there will be clients that are remote also, so perhaps have a think about who and where they are and how you can advertise to them.

Just a thought hun, I'm a total newbie as you know, just thought I'd throw that in there :hug:

Love n hugs xxx

Thanks hunny :D The biggest downfall I have is that the majority of the "neighbours2 we have are all older ladies and gents who would not be looking for the services I offer - perhaps the odd one for natural nail services?

I am going to go on an advertising frenzy - leaflets, prizes in christmas raffles/bingo etc the works! xx

I want to comment just so I can mark this thread and come back to it later. I too are wanting to promote my home salon, although I'm not quite as remote as you, I am on a farm in a hamlet and my nearest shop is a couple miles away, so I am struggling of thinking of wAys to advertise!

Big good luck Becky xxx

Latest posts

Back