Homers cancelling 10min before there appointment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdhoney

Reaction score
Hey geeks! What do u do about homers cancelling? Iv had 1 client that always tells me she can't come rite before her appointment, should I start taking deposits? Xo

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Homers? Are you mobile, do you mean people you are visiting as opposed to yellow cartoon character clients?

With me a client gets 1 no show / last minute cancellation and after that they need to pre-pay for their treatment. This is what I do to pay my bills and if they mess me about then I need to be sure I will get paid! I now take a 30% deposit on all treatments above £60. This is refundable if more then 24 hours cancellation notice is given. For a no-show or last minute cancellation they loose their deposit.

Hello,

I would consider a deposit scheme or cancellation policy and even consider sacking them if they are unwilling to pay. Your time is precious. You could be doing a million and one other things instead of being messed around like that. I'm mobile, home based as Touch Beauty and soon to be officially working in a salon for a seperate company but under Touch, I was messed about so much that I've just sacked reoffenders as I don't really have a way of enforcing a policy, no card machine for example

Xxx

Lol yea sry I'm mobile lol. I was thinking of doing the same as iv just had a baby so all the money I make is to live on.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

You must be tougher... I got a 2 yr old. Been where you are and it's not easy let alone with time wasters. X

You gotta be tough and stand your ground! I had a client call for a £125 full body wax today ... turned them down because they wouldn't pay the deposit.

Without sounding silly but how can you take a deposit if your mobile.Ive had a couple of weddings booked in the past and theyve cancelled,would you just go round their house and collect a deposit I assume ?

Without sounding silly but how can you take a deposit if your mobile.Ive had a couple of weddings booked in the past and theyve cancelled,would you just go round their house and collect a deposit I assume ?
Set up a paypal account - you can take a deposit very easily.

It's a tough one and often wonder myself.it is an option to collect from them but it is a bit of added hassle and find i dont follow through. I do say to clients that it is my policy to take deposits, however after chatting to u i feel i can waver it on this occasion, I've found that new clients are scared to hand over there cash to a mobile as there scared that we will run off and that they will be minus cash and treatment ( even though i know i would never do that i can kinda understand...) i have been lucky so far that by my saying "I'll waver the deposit" they feel more obliged to give me notice as they feel i trust them. If that makes sense... However I'll also be interested I'n other peoples views on this and how to go forward. It only takes the odd flaky client that foes this that makes me question enforcing deposits as it really p*&@es me off! X

Ohhh i like this! Do simple and the client feels safe as Its paypal!

I have a Paypal account BUT I am a proper dummy... Is it clear to see on the site how to do it?

Homers? Are you mobile, do you mean people you are visiting as opposed to yellow cartoon character clients?

I just noticed this :lol:

I strike them off my client list :twisted: lol

Latest posts

Back