Honest opinion of Young Nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents,

I am thinking of converting to YN l+p from NH, I have got a trial kit to see what the products are like, but I just wanted to pick your brains...

I know lots of geeks use them and I'm sure a lot have either used them previously or tried them...

I just wanted to hear your experiences with the products and the company?

Thanks geeks xx

Hi ladies and gents,

I am thinking of converting to YN l+p from NH, I have got a trial kit to see what the products are like, but I just wanted to pick your brains...

I know lots of geeks use them and I'm sure a lot have either used them previously or tried them...

Thanks geeks xx

If you have compared the two yourself then what is the unique difference that attracts you to YN acrylic as opposed to what you were using? I don't think you will find anything uniquely different about the products. You may prefer what the company offers? You may be in love with Greg? Lol.

There has to be a reason for wanting to change products and the new product needs to be a solution for that reason if you are going to make that investment. What is your reason and does YN solve it?

Lots of other companies offer try me kits including CND so that you can use and compare product workability, lasting ability, etc. then you can really see the differences for yourself. It really doesn't matter so much what others think ... It is what you think when you have tried them.

Some of your acrylic work in your album looks very good indeed. :love: Good work deserves the best products that work for you. Ask for answers from experienced people ... Their answers will carry much more weight than someone who does not have any experience with the product/s.

Last edited:
I'm doing my l&p training with YN in January, they've been great so far. They answer all my questions (even the silly ones!) and have even made it so I can train on Sundays so I don't need to take time off work. Gold star to young nails!
R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I converted from a large and popular brand this year after 9 years. I am now a YN Educator! Geeg is right in many ways.
I know why I moved and I love YN products. Their ethos, approachability and how friendly and supportive they are. I introduced them into my salon and allowed the girls to decide if they wanted to change or stick with the original brand; they all changed!
So of course I'm going to say they are the best lol!
But what's important here is what's best for you and your needs. But if you've any questions just ask xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Thank you for the replies...

It's not Greg that's doing it for me lol!! I want to remain professional so won't voice my exact opinion, however, I feel rather let down by NH!! On more than one occasion!

I will try CND also but I'm a bit lost I guess...I really liked the new sparkly cover pink from YN which was why I looked at them...

I suppose I'm just looking for a company that look after you and don't really know where to turn xx

Thank you for the replies...

It's not Greg that's doing it for me lol!! I want to remain professional so won't voice my exact opinion, however, I feel rather let down by NH!! On more than one occasion!

I will try CND also but I'm a bit lost I guess...I really liked the new sparkly cover pink from YN which was why I looked at them...

I suppose I'm just looking for a company that look after you and don't really know where to turn xx
Not to brag too much, but Sweet Squared have won the Best Customer Service award at least three times in the last 3 years ... So from that point of view I think I can promise you will be in very good hands. : hug:

Try them out and see. Give them a call on 08452106060, order a a Retention+ Try Me kit and a beautiful Free product brochure, talk to one of the lovely people in customer service and see what your initial reaction is. S2 is professional only so be prepared to send a photo or scan of your pro certificate for L&P to get your membership number ... Calling them is much quicker than email So I really advise that, and it can be done quickly over the phone. X

Thank you geeg, I have a s2 account and get bits from them already so ill order a kit!! Xx

Thank you geeg, I have a s2 account and get bits from them already so ill order a kit!! Xx

Retention+ ..... Now there is a product with many unique selling points and very different from other L&P's. You will feel the difference immediately. If you love it ... And you will, then I would really recommend a conversion class. Not only will you learn how to use the product from the experts who really know how, but the kit you get with your course is an amazing starter price to get you going painlessly. X

Not to brag too much, but Sweet Squared have won the Best Customer Service award at least three times in the last 3 years ... So from that point of view I think I can promise you will be in very good hands. : hug:

Try them out and see. Give them a call on 08452106060, order a a Retention+ Try Me kit and a beautiful Free product brochure, talk to one of the lovely people in customer service and see what your initial reaction is. S2 is professional only so be prepared to send a photo or scan of your pro certificate for L&P to get your membership number ... Calling them is much quicker than email So I really advise that, and it can be done quickly over the phone. X

Hi Geeg, can i just say, I have emailed my certificate 3 times now and have never had a reply? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Geeg, can i just say, I have emailed my certificate 3 times now and have never had a reply? X

Phone them in the morning Hun...I have heard geeg say many times it's better to call than email xx

You may have, I thought the same. "This is taking weeks" I was saying to myself and all the time the email was there but from a name I didn't expect - and typically my mail is going so slow I can't find said email but once it loads I will send you the name just so you can check x

You may have, I thought the same. "This is taking weeks" I was saying to myself and all the time the email was there but from a name I didn't expect - and typically my mail is going so slow I can't find said email but once it loads I will send you the name just so you can check x

Sorry found it, came from info@sweetsquared (woman's name one was ellisons!) the subject line was access to s2 so perhaps try searching mail for one of those x

Isn't this thread asking about Young Nails?

I have been with Young Nails for about 5 years now. I do try new brands as and when they appear but here I am, still with them. They have a wide range of products including a Natural coloured acrylic. Their range of glitters are amazingly sparkly and their gels and gel polishes are great too.

All of that, combined with the amazing Protein Bond and fabulous customer service, makes me a very happy old bird!:wink2:

That is because you need to RING them as I continually say on this website. You email the cert, and then you ring to set up the account. You will be done in 5 minutes !!:biggrin:

There are a number of exceptional products on the market each with their own selling point. It is up to us to try them all and decide which is the right product for our needs which may include many different factors.
On this occasion the question was about information on YN.

There are a number of exceptional products on the market each with their own selling point. It is up to us to try them all and decide which is the right product for our needs which may include many different factors.
On this occasion the question was about information on YN.

Yes it was, but the OP herself was also happily discussing try me kits and other options to try so naturally other options have been mentioned. If you read all the posts you can see that quite clearly. CND is one of those options. Certainly no one is going to try ALL of them ... Much smarter to go with reputation and recommendations.

Last edited:
Young nails also do a trial kit, I use their gel and before I ordered it I got the try me kit they have super speedy delivery!
I didn't realise CND did a try me kit but I may convert as I'm buying the lamp so I will try get hold of that!

I have been with Young Nails for about 5 years now. I do try new brands as and when they appear but here I am, still with them. They have a wide range of products including a Natural coloured acrylic. Their range of glitters are amazingly sparkly and their gels and gel polishes are great too.

All of that, combined with the amazing Protein Bond and fabulous customer service, makes me a very happy old bird!:wink2:

Thank you for your reply!! I used the trial kit on a friend last night, it felt lovely to apply so just going to see how it wears now!! Do you use the protein bond on every client or only lift prone clients ?? Xx

Hi ladies and gents,

Thanks geeks xx

Hi Isabellamae, Young Nails is a fantastic brand to use, I converted over to them about 3 yrs ago, I also educate for them and have never been let down. Young nails is always striving to offer the best products at the best prices, we care about the industry we work in, we don't worry about who was voted best for what as it's the products that matter. The only person who can make this decision is you, you have to choose the right products for your business and that is nothing anybody else can do that. If you need any more info pm me or Charly or call Young Nails 01253 699999
Jo. Xx

Latest posts

Back