Hopi ear candles, are they worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmylish

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm looking at extra treatments to offer in my salon and wanted to know your views on hopi ear candles.

Do any of you offer this treatment in your salon? If so is it popular? Do you think it is worth offering?

Thanks for your help

xxxx

Unfortunately many of the therapists on here that are trained and offer ear candling will not now discuss it on the forums.
Which is a shame because especially lately there has been a lot of interest in it, but it is the one thing that cannot be discussed in a balanced way as people feel so strongly about it.
I would direct you to the ear candling group but im not sure you can join and read the posts without being a full site member.
Of course do a search and you will see all the old posts make of them what you will.

Hi
I offer Hopi ear Candle as a treatment. However, it is not a popular choice on its own for me and my clients. However, I have clients that have it as an add on to another treatment.

Those that do try it, seem to feel the benefit in the main, and have further treatments.

many people seem quite sceptical about it and some have never heard of it before. I tend to introduce it during a consultation for another treatment, if I feel it is apropriate for the clients needs.

Sorry this isn'tmuch help, but is just my experience of offering the service

Terry

I use hopi ear candles and I offer 2 treatments, one just candles and the other with a facial massage.

I tend to have a rush on treatments then nothing for a while. With hopi you will get people returning, its a maintenance programme so they know that they need to return every so often.

I also offer training in it and my students love it.

I find people use it as more of an "add on" to a facial than a seperate treatment. People are quite sceptical at first. But then again i have never tried to market it on its own so maybe thats why :)

x

Hi, I only just trained in January and have to say I love it and have had loads of people wanting it done. And 2 people so far have come back to have it done again and are recommending it to friends. I trained with Ann Ball (Hippy Chick on here) and really enjoyed the day. Any questions feel free to PM me x

my friend does this treatment and i had it once its really relaxing but afterwards and the next day i dont know it made me really dopy i kept dropping things id have it again in a few months though its a nice relaxing time

thanks for the mention Sarah.

I used to do hopi ear candles freelance at a local spa and they used to offer it by itself or as a package with Indian head massage.
Both used to be really popular.

I too offer this treatment and find it does well either on it's own or tied in with another treatment particularly indian head or reflexology - not tried it with the facials yet but will give it a go...most of the clients i treat regularly come back for a repeat treatment as whether they believe in it or not they found it extremely relaxing which is a bonus for a lot of people nowadays anyhow...
Also if you get the opportunity to offer more treatments than you do at the moment go for it...xXx

Yes I think they can be quite popular & quite a good earner. I did mine at a local college, VTCT Thermal Auricular Therapy, as its called, 1 day, and its a proper qualification too, its always good for the CV to show you are keen to keep training and learning new things too!

I offer the ear candles too, though I don't get much call for them. As already mentioned, some people are quite sceptical, or have never heard of them. I love the fact that it's a relaxing treatment, and the original Biosun candles have a wonderful smell which is relaxing on it's own. It's the most relaxing treatment for you to perform as a therapist too, and if you are attuned to reiki it's lovely to combine the two. I pass some reiki to the client while i'm holding the candle in place, and I've only ever had good reports!
Those who have been willing to give them a go have noticed a very relaxing effect, and do tend to book in again, though I would say it's definitely not a big earner for me..

Latest posts

Back