Hot booties with Earth Spa pedi?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmizzbest

Reaction score
Hi folks

I have a friend coming over for a luxury pedicure tomorrow, with just a buff finish as she is heavily pregnant and needs to keep toes free of polish.

My question is, I have recently purchased the earth spa pedi kit and am wondering if I can incorporate hot booties into the treatment, as my friend is a huge fan of them?

I know some of the products have a warming effect anyway and I don't want to risk over cooking her!!!.

Any tips would be gratefully received.

Julie xxx

hot booties would be contraindicated on a pregnant woman, if i remember correctly.

hot booties would be contraindicated on a pregnant woman, if i remember correctly.

Thanks for the reply.

Just shows how long it's been since I worked on an expectant mother...or reread the contra ind list.

I was only planning on using booties on low but if that's the case I will refrain completely and will concentrate on hard skin, light massage and nail care...let's hope she's not feeling ticklish!!!.

Julie
Xxxxxxxx

I actually didn't know it!

My last pregnant lady loved them as they were really relaxing her feet.

Also you have to be careful of any swelling in the ankle and feet when using even a low heat.. some expectant mothers suffer greatly from this.. personally i would do without the booties and use a towel wrap instead ..

Sarah x

Also you have to be careful of any swelling in the ankle and feet when using even a low heat.. some expectant mothers suffer greatly from this.. personally i would do without the booties and use a towel wrap instead ..

Sarah x

Thanks for reply.

Towel wrap will be a good alternative with the mask on.

Xxx

I didn't know this either, good to know.

It's good to see you back on the forums Eskimo. Hope business is good and your well :) x

Latest posts

Back