hot pink - what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenna

Reaction score
Hi All

I finished my studies last year and just started mobile with two of my friends from college.

I am looking for a unique image and need to decide on uniforms. I am looking at two different people who sell them and would appreciate your help or comments.

Firstly I have been recommended Buttercups. They seem to have a classic style but offer uniforms in only black or white. The uniforms look very stylish. Has anyone used them and could recommend.

The other option I have been looking at is Health and Beauty Wear. They have a hot pink colour that looks funky.

My real question is, is it better to have a more classic smart feel when visitng clients or go with a more funky modern style. I am not sure and want to create the right impression to gain more customers. I am 23 and my business partners are 25. I don't want to look cheap nor do I want to look to formal.

It is a tough decision and I would appreciate your help before I spend my money.

I love the Health ans Beauty wear hot pink tunics, I think they look very smart and different.

ok i am 33 and wear a black madarin tunic, my clients are mostly over 35 so black suits my age and my clientelle.
you are young and hot pink says that young cool funky and if your client base is the majority of the younger end then yes your hot pink would be great, i think its down to the individual if hot pink is you and your personality then go for it, i love the hot pink one but it wouldnt suit me at all thats why i wear black (slimming you see...lol)
but yep i like the hot pink

I love the hot pink one and (one day) will get one for meeee. I say one day cos at the minute I`ve gained soooo much weight while on my all inclusive jollies that I`d look awfull (IMO) in a hot pink one.

Like Joanne, most of my clients are over 35 (like me) and I wear black - but If I had a better (flatter tum) then I`d go for the pink!!.

Hot pink sounds cool to me. In the summer you can wear it with white cropped trousers and black ones in the winter?

It all depends who your client range will be or what image you want to portray to your customers - if the young or trendy customers then go for the hot pink. You might want to even go for both pink and black options to suit all. You can have them matching so it gives your company look that can be adapted to all.

What does your local competition do - how different do you want to be from them!

I think the hot pink looks fab. Bit different but still professional. I would love a hot pink dress with zip front but no chance of finding one of those. If you like it - go for it x

I think the hot pink is fab, I think I'll probably order one on the BOGOF offer for me and mum. Our colour scheme has always been pink and people always comment positively on it - it makes us stand out and it ties in with the corporate logo and everything. I have their black oriental tunic right now and I have to say it looks fab on and the fit is great. I was considering getting the pale pink until I realised they did hot pink now. Personally I hate plain white as it makes me feel more like a dentist than a nail stylist - pink or black or any other colour seems much more fashion-forward to me. I also think the pinstripe one looks amazing too - very classy. Not to offend anyone who likes their salon whites, of course, I just don't get on with them!

I have hot pink tunics and I'm 43, and most of my clients are a similar age, but I do quite a few younger and older as well!!!

Its funny, I was just thinking of buying a tunic in this colour. I love the idea, very unique. Go for it!x

oh my god, i absolutely love that hot pink tunic, i am gunna have to get one of those

hot pink sounds cool!

ive just had a look at the website and wow loving the hot pink tunic and its on offer at mo bogof. i would def go for this one!

just had a look at the website and i think the hot pink tunic is great!! if i ever get to pay myself a wage i'll deffo buy one:biggrin: xx

I love the hot pink and 38 or not knowing me I'd be tempted for myself and I certainly would like the look on any tech, older or younger. The fact its obviously a uniform top says professional to me no matter what the colour :)

I think hot pink is great if you are going for younger clients. I've got alot of it in my treatment room, looks great against white.

Do you know if pink suits you though? I've worn it for years and years and last week had my colours done. The consultants first words during the consultation is "no pink though" unless its a salmon (warm) pink.

emmad said:
I think hot pink is great if you are going for younger clients. I've got alot of it in my treatment room, looks great against white.

Do you know if pink suits you though? I've worn it for years and years and last week had my colours done. The consultants first words during the consultation is "no pink though" unless its a salmon (warm) pink.
Thats more or less what I want to say. You need to take into account the type of clientele you are aiming for and if the colour suites you at all. Assuming that it does and it suits the type of clients you want/have then I think its a great idea as you will stand out in it and be memorable. Its a colour that a lot of people would like to wear but either cant or dont have the courage to do so. xxx

ADiva1 said:
Hot pink sounds cool to me. In the summer you can wear it with white cropped trousers and black ones in the winter?

Yes i agree with this, i love hot pink but i don't think i could wear it as a uniform mainly because i would be paranoid everyone would be staring at me if i popped down shops (mind you what a good advertisement !)
As others have said i think it depends on the market you are targeting.

I am actually pretty keen i lilac its a nice pretty shade not too in your face but also slightly funky!

WOW better idea get a hot pink 1 with company name in diamonte!

Latest posts

Back