hot stone massage is it worth it ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time-to-relax

Reaction score
im looking into adding hot stone massage to my cv advice wanted on how its been accepted by current users

Yes it's good and really works on back complaints.

It can be faffy for the whole body but clients enjoy it. I do a mixture of manual massage everywhere for flow and hot stone for back which clients seem to love and I also enjoy it.

I am not really into the spiritual side of it but as an effective treatment yes

hth's

I'm not a practitioner, but I've had the hot & cold stone massage.
I can really recommend it. I'm actually a bigger fan of the cold stones, they're more effective (when used in conjunction with the hot ones, they're even better).
I used to have big muscular problems with my back, massive build ups of lactic acid, a manual massage would feel & sound like cracking toffee.:eek:
My latissimus dorsi muscle was very problematic, it would often seem very tense, almost raised proud . The only thing that has ever helped it was the cold stones.:green: Although they're a shock at first:eek: , they are very effective. My therapist used to do loads of cold stone work on me.
Tiny cold stones used in a facial massage are also excellent, really refreshing around the eyes.
I would say yes to stone therapy, but make sure you do a good course (like LaStone, that includes the cold stones.)
Good luck.:hug:

im looking into adding hot stone massage to my cv advice wanted on how its been accepted by current users

I dont do it myself but i would suggest you do some market research in your local area, ask your current clients etc. As i have found with other treatments, they are more popular in some areas than others. Hth x

i offer hot stones massage. it is not the most popular of treatments that i offer but i find that once a client has tried it they will often have it again.

do your research and ask clients what therapies they would like to see on offer.

hope this helps
em x

One of my regulars is a Hot Stone fan, she swears by it, and at the moment is urging me into putting it as an add on for my Spa manicures and Spa pedisures!!
Ive never had one, but the though is so appealing, I cant wait to try it out! xx

I've got a hot stone heater and full set of stones for sale if anyne's interested!.....the hot stones didn't go down so hot in Hanham!

I've got a hot stone heater and full set of stones for sale if anyne's interested!.....the hot stones didn't go down so hot in Hanham!
So did you train in it? (is that a daft Q) If so who did you train with, and what do you think of the treatment?

I suffer big time with my back and I am quite interested in it.

So did you train in it? (is that a daft Q) If so who did you train with, and what do you think of the treatment?

I suffer big time with my back and I am quite interested in it.
I didn't do the training, it was my colleague! I've never actually received a treatment so I don't know...sorry, not much help!

I didn't do the training, it was my colleague! I've never actually received a treatment so I don't know...sorry, not much help!
Well then I insist you go and have one and come back to answer all my questions :lol:

Thanks anyway Hun xx

I really enjoy doing hot stone massage and would like to start offering it in my current salon but not sure if i would get much interest as some see it as more of a spa treatment.

I trained with THstone & didn't feel the training was adequate. If i was to offer it as a treatment then i would like to re-do my training with La Stone as I think its a three day course, so a bit more intensive.

I did my hot stone training in London on Monday and it was fab. I just have to get myself organised when doing it. I bought the lastone therapy book and it has great ideas for setting up the tank. So far I have two bookings for next week, I've spent this week doing practise massages and I love it.

I am looking into doing Hot Stone Course and i was wondering do you massage as well or to the stones do the work?:rolleyes:
Thanks guys

The stones do most of the work, less pressure is needed from you...I've just incorporated the stones into my regular massage treatment. We were given a routine but the tutor told us to work with the stones as we wanted. She showed us the stone placements for the back and front and I've bought 2 stone massage dvds to give me some more ideas - I'm a very visual learner and I've found these great.

Hot and cold stones work wonders as part of a facial, too - I introduced a thermal stone facial at the salon this winter and it's been a huge hit, I can honestly say it's one of the most indulgent treatments I've ever experienced. Tension just literally melts away with the warm stones, and the cold stones really leave you feeling energised and your skin feels fantastic afterwards.

Andy - As part of the facial do you do your regular massage and add stones? As part of the body massage I loved the 3rd eye stone placement, you can feel the energy moving and tingling. I agree the treatment is very indulgent I was thinking of adding a hot stone facial in March as a special treatment

Andy - As part of the facial do you do your regular massage and add stones? As part of the body massage I loved the 3rd eye stone placement, you can feel the energy moving and tingling. I agree the treatment is very indulgent I was thinking of adding a hot stone facial in March as a special treatment

Hi Janice - my face massage is a little different using the stones to what I would normally do, but the principles are the same and you can still use the 3rd eye placement while the mask is on (and I put small cold stones over the eyepads too, which feels fab).

I start with placing 2 warm stones under the rhomboids, and one over the sternum/heart chakra, then massage the shoulders, chest and neck with stones (I rest the "used" stones on the chest while massaging the face). I actually start from the forehead down with the face massage, using small stones in each hand to massage the forehead, eyes, temples, cheeks, around the lips, jaw and back to the neck, placing the stones as they cool with fresh ones. I then massage in zig-zags around the face with a cold stone in one hand followed immediately behind it with a hot stone, then once more with just the cool stones.

While the mask is on I massage the hands and arms with warm stones. You can also put pinkie stones between the toes, which would be a nice touch. Pure bliss, I want one myself now! :D

Thanks - that sounds yummy! Must get some people to let me try this on them, I'm sure I'll have no problems getting takers.

Hot and cold stones work wonders as part of a facial, too - I introduced a thermal stone facial at the salon this winter and it's been a huge hit, I can honestly say it's one of the most indulgent treatments I've ever experienced. Tension just literally melts away with the warm stones, and the cold stones really leave you feeling energised and your skin feels fantastic afterwards.

I've always fancied doing the hot/cold stone massage, is it possible to do it as a mobile therapist??!!?!

I've always fancied doing the hot/cold stone massage, is it possible to do it as a mobile therapist??!!?!

My guess is you'd need to heat the stones before you left for your appointment - you could keep them in an insulated bag while you travel to keep some of the warmth, but they would certainly need reheating once you arrived at your destination.

Latest posts

Back