Hot Stones- how do you heat yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissy00

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

I am going on my hot stones training on Friday and I'm quite excited. I saw a write up on the Vulsini bag a while ago which allows the stones to heat without the use of water and a tank.

Has anyone had experience of using this bag?

Also, obviously I am doing my training Friday and I'm sure things will be covered, but how do you clean your stones? Is it just soapy hot water in between clients and could you do this at a clients homw?? I'm just thinking of the practicality of this bag as I don't want to get oil over the bag.

Many thanks.
xx

I've got a Vulsini kit - I love it to bits! :) Ideal for mobile, and it's great for in the room as well

woops, meant to say, I use antibacterial solution to clean mine

Thank you for your response. I am thinking that this looks the best option for me as I don't really have room for another tank and would be good to offer it at pamper parties mobile.

Do you soak the stones in solution to clean or wipe over with antbacterial wipes or scrub them??

Thank you for your response. I am thinking that this looks the best option for me as I don't really have room for another tank and would be good to offer it at pamper parties mobile.

Do you soak the stones in solution to clean or wipe over with antbacterial wipes or scrub them??

Wash the stones with warm soapy water, then spray with an ant-bacterial spray after each client. The stones also need to be soaked for 20 minutes in sea salt at the end of each day. Dry the stones and re-oil with a natural oil such as almond oil before storing them away.
Hth:biggrin:

I have more than one set of stones so when I use the first set they can be washed, sprayed and rinsed whilst the second set are in the heater for the next client. If you're mobile and doing hot stones back to back I think you'd need more than one set too

Latest posts

Back