Hot Towels or Steamer? Or both?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictoriaJ

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses

I personally would feel better with hot towels on my face never really liked the steam portion of a facial made me feel like I was running out of air! But loved the way it made my skin feel

I would offer both, they do different things and can be used for different aspects of a treatment. Then you can ask your clients if they have a preference.

Mat

i used to use hot towels when i used the susan molyneux range but we switched to dermalogica a few yrs back and now use a steammer most of my clients say the prefere the steammer! x

I think it can some times depend on the skin and the client, older clients dont seem to like the steamer they prefer the hot towels . Another option is the lucas its a mini hand held steamer and you can control it yourself you move it across and back over the client, and add essential oils in to it as well, great to help infuse them into the skin, yonka use them all the time as part of their facials but i use it with dermalogica and add the botanical mixers in and its great !!:) Even for the oilys

I think it can some times depend on the skin and the client, older clients dont seem to like the steamer they prefer the hot towels . Another option is the lucas its a mini hand held steamer and you can control it yourself you move it across and back over the client, and add essential oils in to it as well, great to help infuse them into the skin, yonka use them all the time as part of their facials but i use it with dermalogica and add the botanical mixers in and its great !!:) Even for the oilys

I'm training at the moment in France, and we are taught facial steaming with the Lucas Championniere, its standard practice in France. Its a bit heavy but I agree, its great to use!

Latest posts

Back