Hot wax breaking off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshard

Reaction score
Hi, I've only recently trained in waxing and did my first hot wax client today. I found the hot wax was breaking when I tried to remove it. Im using hive pellets and had the temperature set at 68. Wondered if this was too hot? or maybe not thick enough? it seemed like a good consistancy to me on the spatula but obviously something isnt right.

Can anyone advise please

Thankyou
AJ x

I may be wrong but in my experiance if the hot wax is breaking when you try to pull it off its gone too hard and so has cooled down too much. We were taught that if the wax doesnt still feel warm its too cold, it should feel just above body temp, plyable but not sticky. hope this helps x

hi
I would say your wax has cooled down too much and gone brittle. I have tried a couple of brands and found this to be the case but since changing to Perron Rigot euroblonde haven't had this problem, it remains far more pliable.

DDx

I agree the PR euroblonde is great, and you never have this problem...

PR sell small sample bags of there hot waxes, usually enough for one treatment and that way you can try before you buy a larger quantity, they also sell empty tines, so you can heat it in the tin rather than having to decant all your other waxes.
Jack

I cannot say anything about Hive since I don't use it. But whenever wax was brittle or breaking, it was because it was applied to thin, or not pressed down enough to grab the hairs at their full length (which is very annoying for you and painful for the client) or it was just too dry.

Like others already said, I don't have that problem since I started using Perron Rigot, and it's much more easy to use, it removes all, including short or stubborn hairs. Other geeks will mention other waxes, like Berins, which I did not try, but people also swear by it. The better the wax is, the easier it is for you and gentler on the client.

Recapitulate what have you been doing at the exact moment, try it out a bit on your legs or arms, and then on the curved body parts, like inner thy, and practice, see how long it needs to set so it doesn't break and how thick it optimally has to be.

sounds to me its not thick enough., if its left on too long but thick enough it will come off, but it can be more painful for the client, as there is more of a pull on the skin, thats my experience anyway!!:p

Latest posts

Back