Hot wax comparisons please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? That's what lots of people had said, maybe I'll get a sample :) thanks

After years of using Perron Rigot (which I love) I am trying out Berodin's Blue hot wax ... so far very impressed.

Feels quite a bit cooler for the client and it seems to 'stick' to the hairs a lot better which means nearly every hair comes out first time.

Am adjusting temperature as I go along so I can use long strips where necessary without any drag.

It's looking like it can meet my requirements ... so it may be a permanent switch.

I tried the Berins too Jackquelineanna but I found it left little bits and I didn't buy anymore after I used it up. I think it's good to have a change every now and then anyway. I get quite excited about using something else, my life is so rock n roll!

Ok, I've been in touch with Paris and they have confirmed that there have never been any changes made to the formulation of Euroblonde since the day that it was created other than when they added the glitter but this wouldn't make a difference to the wax.

I've had half a bag of Euroblonde at home for years so I gave them the batch number and they've told me it was made in 2010 before the glitter was added. I've melted it and compared it to the current EB and there's no difference at all.

If you experience any problems then please let me know and I'll take it up with Perron Rigot. They are dedicated to producing high end waxes and they manufacture it in their own factory in France so they keep a close eye on things.

My favourite all time hot wax was the pre-reformulation PR Euroblonde. It’s so annoying when companies change something that is not broken and it was already the bestselling hot wax I think. I find the new PR EB to be a little gummy and take longer to set. I just use OO Gold now too when I’m not sugaring. That purple Waxperts one looks interesting but I still haven’t got around to trying the sample I got at last year’s Wax Show.

Maybe someone has some of the old formulation that you could buy or swap? I remember having a conversation with someone at a discovery day.

Just read a few of these posts, just wanted to say this stuff rocks when it comes to mens' ears sugar does not do a great job in those tiny little areas that can be quite awkward.

Ok, I've been in touch with Paris and they have confirmed that there have never been any changes made to the formulation of Euroblonde since the day that it was created other than when they added the glitter but this wouldn't make a difference to the wax.

I've had half a bag of Euroblonde at home for years so I gave them the batch number and they've told me it was made in 2010 before the glitter was added. I've melted it and compared it to the current EB and there's no difference at all.

If you experience any problems then please let me know and I'll take it up with Perron Rigot. They are dedicated to producing high end waxes and they manufacture it in their own factory in France so they keep a close eye on things.

So I did a comparison myself today, did 2 Hollywoods and a bikini on regular clients and asked if they minded me using 2 different waxes. Used Gold on one side and Intimate 4 on the other. They ALL said the Intimate 4 was less painful.

So I did a comparison myself today, did 2 Hollywoods and a bikini on regular clients and asked if they minded me using 2 different waxes. Used Gold on one side and Intimate 4 on the other. They ALL said the Intimate 4 was less painful.

Yep mine said the same when I got it first they all love it!!! ( although I think I'm still putting it on too thick!!!) :(

Yep mine said the same when I got it first they all love it!!! ( although I think I'm still putting it on too thick!!!) :(

Yes I'm a bit worried about cost because I seemed to use quite a lot. I've just ordered 24 bags so I think I'll use them simultaneously for a while then I can use the Gold for face. Probably end up going back to PR for another hot wax for face when I run out of Gold because it's easier to order all together and I prefer their oil and gel.

Yes I'm a bit worried about cost because I seemed to use quite a lot. I've just ordered 24 bags so I think I'll use them simultaneously for a while then I can use the Gold for face. Probably end up going back to PR for another hot wax for face when I run out of Gold because it's easier to order all together and I prefer their oil and gel.

I think is getting used to it because sometimes i can do it thinner!! I do love it and the oil and gel too- im sure u will get using it alot more economically and then you definitely will be the best waxer in the town!! :)

Can I just ask which side you did the intimate 4 with & then the gold?
& which side you waxed first?
Kt x

I rang perron rigot today to order intimate 4 and they said it can be used all over, not just foof area x

Can I just ask which side you did the intimate 4 with & then the gold?
& which side you waxed first?
Kt x

I just did alternate strips of each. I did think the Intimate left a few hairs but I think I need to play about with the temperature.

I just did alternate strips of each. I did think the Intimate left a few hairs but I think I need to play about with the temperature.

I only asked as some of my clients say they find the left side more painful than the right, no matter who they've been to or what wax it is.
All who have been previously waxed elsewhere love the euroblonde & Kim's technique.
It's good to try new things though to make sure your on top of your game.
I'm going to try it & see.
X

I tried the Berins too Jackquelineanna but I found it left little bits and I didn't buy anymore after I used it up. I think it's good to have a change every now and then anyway. I get quite excited about using something else, my life is so rock n roll!

That will be down to application cloughers, when trying a new wax it can take a little while sometimes. I dont have any issues with bits left but then I have been using it for a good few years now.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

That will be down to application cloughers, when trying a new wax it can take a little while sometimes. I dont have any issues with bits left but then I have been using it for a good few years now.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes Joe90 you're probably right. Also I tried it when I hadn't been waxing long so it was probably down to my application. Darker colours show the bits more too!

Latest posts

Back