Hotmail - How secure is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanny

Reaction score
Do you use Hotmail? Some of you do no doubt. Its handy to set up and its free to use, but is it secure? One of our own geeks recently had her email account hacked and everything in there was deleted. I went searching on the net to try and find out how that could happen and within two minutes I came across a site where a guy was telling all and sundry how easy it is to hack any hotmail account. The site informs its readers that it isnt advocating any 'law breaking' but rather just trying to keep people informed. Well, I dont know if thats just to cover himself or not, but either way, the method he describes seems laughably easy to do.

I dont want to post a link to the site here on this thread, but if anyone has a Hotmail account, I recommend that you have a read of the article, the method itself involves only 5 steps!!! PM me for the link or email me [email protected] Now that you've read this far, have a think about your own Hotmail account right at this very moment, is there any sensitive information in there that unscrupulous types could use maliciously if they so wished?

Have pm you....:eek::eek: all these interent scammers are making me blinking blood boil.....thanks for the warning ....what would we do without you xx

My hubby has a hotmail account, but I don't. He hasn't put any sensitive info on it but only last month someone hacked into his internet banking and took all our savings and left us with a £5000 overdraft.:eek:
These things are happening so often now. Our bank refunded our money as they were negligent in not noticing a massive change in our spending habits.:rolleyes:
Could someone get spyware onto our computer through hotmail? They got through windows defender and AVG virus guard. I've now reset our pc to it's factory conditions and started again, but it is worrying that people seem to get in so easily.

My hubby has a hotmail account, but I don't. He hasn't put any sensitive info on it but only last month someone hacked into his internet banking and took all our savings and left us with a £5000 overdraft.:eek:
These things are happening so often now. Our bank refunded our money as they were negligent in not noticing a massive change in our spending habits.:rolleyes:
Could someone get spyware onto our computer through hotmail? They got through windows defender and AVG virus guard. I've now reset our pc to it's factory conditions and started again, but it is worrying that people seem to get in so easily.

Totally agree hun....it is so worrying that people make it there job to rip us of and they would do anything to do it.....its disgusting what they do.....your lucky and so are most because the bank does sometimes put the money back for you.....i just cant beleive the lenghts people go to to get there hands on your money......THANK GOD FOR SEANNY :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Hi

Do you still have details of the hotmail security article that you could post to me please.

Many thanks
ShyType

This is such an old thread the OP doesnt come on the site very often so you may be better finding this by alternative means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back