Hourly/ daily pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Just after a bit of advice,
I work for myself renting a beauty room, and I know another therapist who has just opened a salon and is really busy, and has asked me to help her out every now and then so she can have a day off. I said I could work on my day off every now and then, but am unsure how much to ask for?
What is the average hourly wage for a therapist? - I have been in beauty now for 10 years and have lots of experiance.
Not only would I be doing treatments for this lady but probably running the salon on the odd day I work.

Please could you give me an idea on what I should be looking on earning? :irked:

How much do you want? You will be doing this on your day off, so you don't want to start resenting working there, so don't undersell yourself.

I think the hourly rate is from £6.50-7.50 per hour.

I wouuld suggest £100 a day.

How much do you want? You will be doing this on your day off, so you don't want to start resenting working there, so don't undersell yourself.

I think the hourly rate is from £6.50-7.50 per hour.

I wouuld suggest £100 a day.

Thanks hippy- chick,
£100 a day, i think sounds about right,
That works out about £13 a hour for a 8 hour day, which I think sounds fair.
:hug:

I would say £7-10 per hour but as your doing this on your day off you could go abit higher as it is benefitting the other therapist and ultimatley your doing her a favour.

If its really busy it might be in your interest to split the days takings on a 50/50 basis. It is something I would do, the stock is already there and you would be keeping the salon open and busy so your friend will be giving her customers continuity.

when i started working i helped a guy out and we went for a 60/40 split per treatment. 40 being my takings

Latest posts

Back